JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JK -2016, 3.6L, Turn the key, absolutely nothing
Wiggle the positive cable with key left in the on position, everything comes alive.
(Just like turning the key to on position from inside the Jeep}

Happens first thing in the morning, about every other week. Same scenario each event.
Connections to the battery are solid. Battery is less than a year old. Alternator is charging 14V+
That’s all I know, that has been relayed to me. I won’t have hands on the Jeep until next week.

Sound familiar? Looking for any info until I get a chance to troubleshoot next week.
Thanks V~

·
Administrator
970 Posts
JK -2016, 3.6L, Turn the key, absolutely nothing
Wiggle the positive cable with key left in the on position, everything comes alive.
(Just like turning the key to on position from inside the Jeep}

Happens first thing in the morning, about every other week. Same scenario each event.
Connections to the battery are solid. Battery is less than a year old. Alternator is charging 14V+
That’s all I know, that has been relayed to me. I won’t have hands on the Jeep until next week.

Sound familiar? Looking for any info until I get a chance to troubleshoot next week.
Thanks V~
The posts are tapered a bit, so make sure the terminal is fully seated on the post. I use a large socket and gently tap them down.
If not fully seated it can act the way you describe.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Do you have any wires bolted to either the + or - hold-down bolts on the battery leads? If you do, the clamp will not tighten and you will experience the issue you are experiencing.
Welcome to JKO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts