JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so we are going to make our first fall Turkey Creek/Rug Road run & campout in October. We will leave on Saturday 12th, camp in Turkey Creek then head out Rug Road. For those of you that have been on this run, you know the drill and the trail. For those who haven't, as always, lockers are recommended, and a few spare parts would be nice too just in case (front axle shafts for the 30's...haha).

The trail isn't really difficult, just a bit long and pretty rough (not a graded road). There is one "bullshit rock" on carpet hill but Mike and I own it so keep your bloody paws off it:mad: I would assume after the rains that parts of the trail could be a little sketchy but really won't know till we are right there in person. Always a great trip and remember, bring bug spray cause the little no seeums are a pain in the ass sometimes.

The plan as of right now is to go in through the east side (through Wilcox) then out Rug Road.

Dates:
October 12th & 13th.

Meeting time & place:
10:00am at the Triple T truck stop off I-10 Fwy.

Departure time:
11:00am

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill be there for sure not sure about camping yet may head out the back way once we gwt to the indian ruins

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Man, your a fucking pain in the ass. Need to get you a fucking dress for X-mas this year. Just go, camp and be less of a PIA biatch...it's only one fucking night and you won't melt. And if this is because your other half may not like it, you know that Rug Road is a thinning out process and if they don't come back after that then you don't need em. haha

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
You mean the cliff dwellings? Fuck that is before the camping spot. You can almost drive your prius there.

You don't want to camp with out your boytoy and bumper sticker? Its ok we won't judge.

·
Vendor
2,503 Posts
Man, your a fucking pain in the ass. Need to get you a fucking dress for X-mas this year. Just go, camp and be less of a PIA biatch...it's only one fucking night and you won't melt. And if this is because your other half may not like it, you know that Rug Road is a thinning out process and if they don't come back after that then you don't need em. haha
I know im like a high matience meat puppet ! Ill have to pack my 6 meals for the day or ill turn into a pia bitch lol! Its just a pain to pack the meat and supplies for grizzly. He is just as high matience as me!! So based on peer pressure ill plan on camping.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
We are going east to west.

And I hear you like it drove in the back way.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
pack the meat and supplies
as much as this is an excellent opportunty for comedy, all I have to say is:

We bring lots and lots of Bubs BBQ, ribs, chicken, thick sliced brisket and smoked turkey, slaw, couple dozen rolls, powerdered donuts and are fat and happy! Of course I am lucky if my biceps are bigger than my....oh never mind

Spare parts...thinning out process
perhaps I shouldnt post since I am not in, just the subject of these comments..........nor do I have any sort of locker

yet:shaking::hide:

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe ill just drive the saturn in the back way and meet up instead :D

More like you'll take someones saturn up uranus....right? Guess you'll have a celestial experience then huh? Just pack your shit and stop being a girl about it...lol

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, I guess we are changing the dates for this trip. This is happening only one time and one time only. The new dates for this run are October 12 & 13th.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Okay, I guess we are changing the dates for this trip. This is happening only one time and one time only. The new dates for this run are October 12 & 13th.
Could we change the dates back to the 12th and 13th so I can avoid showing up as usual...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I should be in on this.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Could we change the dates back to the 12th and 13th so I can avoid showing up as usual...
Okay Chris, just for you the dates have been changed to October 12th & 13th. If for some reason you decide to show up and fuck up the entire trip we already have a special mine shaft picked out for ya. Low ceiling and all, even your jeep should fit right in...:thefinger:

1 - 20 of 225 Posts