JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't take it any longer. Can anyone with personal experience recommend a tuner that rids the lack of power until 1,500 rpm when this thing takes off like a raped ape? I see in Ads that they increase throttle responce, but I want my power right off idle like every other engine I've ever had. None of these say that so I'm asking here. Thanks

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
What is your definition of "throttle response"?

I have a feeling you're probably dealing with a little throttle lag due to your foot input just being a suggestion to an ECU and that's transferred over to a throttle body.

But if you want instant off idle "power" or "torque", then see the post above.

·
Registered
18 Posts
OP do you have a 6speed or an auto?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the DiabloSport Trinity T-1000. Uploaded tune for 91 octane, changed tire size for speedo correction, and increased throttle response. I traded in my 350z for the JKU so you can imagine how sluggish the jeep felt. Had to do somethin about its laziness off the line. It woke it up good. I'm happy with it. But, it's $$. Luckily I found a used one on Craigslist.

No really change in MPG either. i drive lots of highway miles too, 40 miles one way to work. 75-76 MPH cruise control in AZ. about 17.1 mpg (hand calculated) runnin 35" falken rocky mountains with 3.73 gears, auto.

paid $300 for it used. happy with the purchase. would be hard driving with out it at this point i believe.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had the same issue. Suzuki was offering 0% financing so I bought a GSX-R750. Now I could care less :) Jeep does its job and does it well.

also, I have an Airaid intake and Bully dog GT tuner on my 3.6L, waste of money.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I feel your pain but not sure if there is anything out there besides a tuner, supercharger, or engine swap that might fix it. I think my 08 with 5.13's and 37's felt like it got a quicker start, just shorter throws, (or it could just be in my head :dunno:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Try the RIPP CAI and get some free flowing exhaust, I am not sure that I would put the long tube headers on. I dont know about the 3.6 but on larger displacement engines you usually lose a little torque down low with larger/ longer exhaust primaries. I am planning on install the CAI, exhaust and us the Diablo Trinity as soon as it comes out with maps for the 2014's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts