JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching but thought I would ask about some specifics. I have a 2013 Rubi with 33's and no lift (can't get it in the existing garage if I go ANY higher). I no longer have TPMS sensors and definately want to turn off the dash light. I plan to eventually move to 35's and regear the diffs at that point. I think a ProCal will do most, if not all of what I want to do.

I did notice a difference in 6th gear after the wheel and tire swap, even with the minimal duratrac tire size bump. I know some other programmers do more. Such as superchips, hypertech, Diablo, etc... I wouldn't mind regaining some of that 6th gear drivability I lost. However, I think a lot of those extra advantages you get with other, more expensive tuners apply to the automatic transmission. Are there many benefits, or justifiable reasons for buying something more than a ProCal if you have the stick shift?

Thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
most of the "power" gained from a chip or programming is done through changing shift points if I'm not mistaken. (I may very well be mistaken) we went through that discussion on a truck site a number of years ago.
your 6th gear drivability suffered a little due to gearing, best way to get it back is by regearing it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Those are my thoughts too but I have seen some folks that said they got better usable power even with the stick shift. Maybe? it isn't bad enough to justify regearing right now.

I hope to get some feedback from quite a few members and maybe even some that have direct experience with this type of setup.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
i have a 2011 JKU rubi 6speed. i started off with the procal. it worked great. i have since switched to the superchips trail dash. i highly recommend the TD if you have a rubi. the ability to use lockers in 4hi and use them independently is awesome and worth it. although it is pricey

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some units do have some bells and whistles for the Rubi. I like the idea of using the lockers in 4wd hi. Not to go fast but sometimes lo just isn't needed. I think you can do swaybar disconnect I 2wd too and that would be good on the trails around here. Not sure it's wort a $300-$400 premium over the ProCal.

You mentioned ndependent locker control. I assume you mean the added ability to use front locker only? Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As soon as I hit a trail, swaybar disconnected smooths out the ride substantially. Even when 4wd isn't needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts