JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
snagged a used tufloc shotgun lock off ebay for $.99 so we tackled mods and install tonight.

first problem is this was made for a remington 870 and I wanted to use it for my maverick 88 - same thing as a mossberg 500.

to fit into the lock, I shortened the foregrip a couple of inches, then found a mounting spot next to the back seat.

had to do a little bending to the mounting plate to make it clear the flashlight mounted under the barrel then made mounting brackets and bolted it in.

still need to pick up a momentary switch to hide for the release but at least its mounted.

anyway - it hides pretty good even with the windows out thanks to the nets and the pack mounted to them
- here are the pics.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Nice!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just snagged a couple more of these cheap and don't need 'em
soon as I get 'em in hand and verify they work and are in decent shape, I'll have a couple to sell

·
Registered
660 Posts
Mount looks good. Interested in one or two of those locks if you get some to sell.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mount looks good. Interested in one or two of those locks if you get some to sell.
Pm sent :)

Scratched into the wall with a dead iPhone.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Slightly off topic but how do you like the Maverick 88 was looking at one instead of splurging on it's all American brother

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maverick has been great

can;t get much more American than made in Eagle Pass, Texas!

all parts except the foregrip are interchangeable with a mossy 500

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
maverick has been great

can;t get much more American than made in Eagle Pass, Texas!

all parts except the foregrip are interchangeable with a mossy 500
Assemble in Eagle Pass, but half the parts are from south of the border

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just like our jeeps!
assembled in USA :shaking:

either way, I've shot my mav, mossy 500s, rem 870s etc and I'm perfectly happy with my maverick - I actually like the safety much better on the mav - it has a crossbolt in front of the trigger instead of the tang safety on a mossy 500

action is smooth, easy to load, easy to unload
ultra reliable, simple to work on and most of the mossberg 500 parts are interchangeable so you can customize it if you want.
mine has an 18" 500 barrel and a tapco 500 overfolder stock/shell holder and a tac light/tube mount.

and for $150 at wally world, its plenty cheap to buy it and try it.

you can see in the pic how long the foregrip/pump is on it and how it overlaps the receiver - thats what I shortened back to fit the tufloc - the tufloc goes around the area bewteen the receiver and the foregrip.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here are a few more pics of the mod to the gun and how the lock works

heres the shortened foregrip

Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Air gun

tufloc lock portion open

locked on - you cant work the pump or anything, even if you tear the mount out of the vehicle - gun is still useless unless you disassemble it to take the foregrip/slide off to remove the lock.

Auto part Muffler

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts