JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not jeep stuff. But my nightrain starter clutch shit the bed AGAIN after only 10,000 miles. So the dealer wants 500.00 to fix it.:flipoff: So I am upgrading to a more powerful starter. Ok so I go to take the damm thing out, oh wait the last time you fuckers put it back together you put the damm stripped out allen key bolt back in? Thanks a lot you stupid fucks. Now I have to pull the damm oil tank out and hopefully be able to get some vise grips on the fucking thing. And they wonder why no one takes their shit to them.:flipoff:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Sounds like a pain in the ass. I hate dealing with stripped bolts. I would take a poop in the middle of their showroom floor to show my displeasure.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Working on my 1200C right today. Had to install a new filter inside the tank. Doing it myself because I've had too many probelmos with Baton Rouge Harley and I'm tired of the HD motto, "hundred dollars". Tomorrow I work on the wife's Harley. Yeah, make a big dookey on the showroom floor.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I finally got it out. A Harbor freight 3/8 drive allen wrench with a couple of extensions and a damm breaker bar on the end then beat the hell out of the end of the breaker bar to keep driving it in to the bolt. After about 20 whacks it finally moved. I would take it back to them but it would be useless to talk with them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i feel you guy's pain,,, paramound HD was so bad up here they went out of business... they hacked up my exhaust manifold studs i had to remove both heads and bring them to a machine shop... the list of their fubars was so long it read like a NYC yellow pages.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Damn, that sucks. :mad:

This sort of thing, (& the quality control in the AMC years), is what causes so many of the Harley jokes.

Good luck with it.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, that sucks. :mad:

This sort of thing, (& the quality control in the AMC years), is what causes so many of the Harley jokes.

Good luck with it.
Read 2 posts above yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts