JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brands are out there that are currently shipping and available?

Post pics if you have them please.

Thanks.

·
Registered
774 Posts
DO NOT GET SHAFFERS. THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALITY SUCKS.

·
Registered
279 Posts
offroad evolution... but the are pricey... The flares are integrated into the body protection...

These are from PUDDLZ rig.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I thought they "fixed" your issuse (or was it AZToad)? I remember there were issues with fit and finish; then Mike Shaffer came on the board and said he would make it right... wtf happened?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
ORE's new panels and flares can take a serious beating... Mel (Owner ORE) saw that everyone else was desinging flenders to attach to the thin JK sheet metal... he recognized that a good hit on the new steel flenders would result in no damage to the flender, but would more than likely damage the quarter panels.

ORE's panels are straight, fcuking crazy strong. The (ex)Optima JK got dumped on its side in Moab: no damage.

Pricey, but well made.

·
Registered
279 Posts
ORE's panels are straight, fcuking crazy strong. The (ex)Optima JK got dumped on its side in Moab: no damage.

Pricey, but well made.

After doing this

I wanted something that could take a flop, and these are the only thing designed to fit the bill. I was pondering having something custom done, similar to an exo-skeleton, but decided that these would do a better job for body protection. I will be ordering mine pretty soon.... except for the rocker protection....

·
Registered
774 Posts
I thought they "fixed" your issuse (or was it AZToad)? I remember there were issues with fit and finish; then Mike Shaffer came on the board and said he would make it right... wtf happened?
mike is full of crap. he won't even respond to emails. they didn't fix anything.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I like these ORE flares. I think that attaching heavy steel stand alone flares to the tin foil body is just a recipe for disappointment. ORE's solution seems much cleaner and stronger, although they look sort of funny in contrast to the silver paint above. OTOH, they'd look great on my all black Rubi. :laughing:

·
Registered
12 Posts

mike is full of crap. he won't even respond to emails. they didn't fix anything.

Have you tried picking the phone up and calling? I answer the phone from 730a to 4p pst and haven't spoken to you in the last 3 months at a minimum. Between moving the shop and splitting thing's up internally Mike doesn't get near a computer very often anymore, so if you PM'd he probably hasn't gotten it.

The rear fender's have been an issue in the past, but we have done a complete re-design on them, and there are 2 set's of them out right now, with more coming very soon.

so if you are still upset after you said everything was good in the past, please, pick up the phone and call, or PM ME your number so I can have Mike call you back.

775-885-9944

·
Registered
774 Posts
Wow, I write a bad comment and you guys care???? Make it my fault because i didn't call. It should never have to come down to this. If you guys really cared, you would have fixed the problem like mike said he would and then that would have been the end of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, I write a bad comment and you guys care???? Make it my fault because i didn't call. It should never have to come down to this. If you guys really cared, you would have fixed the problem like mike said he would and then that would have been the end of it.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you on the internet. This post is the first I personally have seen of this, i am trying to get a resolution to the sitaution with what i have availiable to me.

I also stated i haven't spoke to anyone in over 3 months of answering the phone, so after reading the trail of PM's you forwarded me, telling Mike you were happy with them after you had to do a bit of work for fitment, then later coming back and saying they didn't fit. But couldn't pick up the phone to call, both when Mike PM'd you and asked you to call, and even now when I asked you to call. You were even offered a FREE front bumper and you never responded to that either.

I have your number now and will forward it to Mike to have him call you.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies. I like those river raider fenders :smokin:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you on the internet. This post is the first I personally have seen of this, i am trying to get a resolution to the sitaution with what i have availiable to me.

I also stated i haven't spoke to anyone in over 3 months of answering the phone, so after reading the trail of PM's you forwarded me, telling Mike you were happy with them after you had to do a bit of work for fitment, then later coming back and saying they didn't fit. But couldn't pick up the phone to call, both when Mike PM'd you and asked you to call, and even now when I asked you to call. You were even offered a FREE front bumper and you never responded to that either.

I have your number now and will forward it to Mike to have him call you.
I did respond, but like everything else, it was forgotten about. I made the fenders work. Never said I was happy. It was easier than trying to send them back. Hind sight, I should have sent them back

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did respond, but like everything else, it was forgotten about. I made the fenders work. Never said I was happy. It was easier than trying to send them back. Hind sight, I should have sent them back

I read back through the PM trail between you and Mike that you sent me, I did not see where you said you were interested in the bumper, only you complaining more after you said you were happy.

From everything i can see in the PM trails, you were offered to have them repaired, and nothing was ever finished from there. We cannot come to your house, remove them, and take them back, that did require some effort on your end. From what i can see that is where you dropped the ball.

BTW, is it really necessary to PM me, and reply here with the same responce?

·
Registered
774 Posts
So I take the fenders off my Jeep, send them back and run with no fenders waiting for new ones??? I don't think so.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have any pics of the new shaffer’s tube fenders Dave? I’m trying to find some that taper in more towards the rear because my Rock Hard bumper is narrow compared to most.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts