JKOwners Forum banner

Tube doors? Who's got 'em?

8K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  USAntigoon 
#1 ·
Looking for some for both a 2 and 4 door JK. What brand do you run? Pics would be kewl too! :smokin:

#2 ·
I'm looking into them vs. half-doors for my 2-door. Not sure about NY laws on the matter, and I advise anyone to check into their local laws on running them, as they may be illegal, especially if they don't have a mirror mount- Mark W.

#3 ·
I have the Element rear doors by Besttop. I got them so I could take all the doors off even with the kids. No fronts yet but I will probably be getting them this year. The rears are strong and I like the fact that you can buy the enclosure for them to make them a suitable 1/2 door.

#9 ·
I have the warriors and really like them. In no way are they perfect or give an "oem" look; however, they are functional and w/ a set of mirror location brackets I have never had a problem.

Sorry bout the lousy pic but its all I have right now.

#16 ·
I never tried it but assume that as long as your limiting strap is hooked up you should be ok. I picked up an extra set of mirrors off a guy for $100.00 so I dont have to swap back and forth to the doors, just pull the bracket and presto.:)

#19 ·
For those that have the store-bought tube doors, I need a favor.

If you would, look at the latch mechanism and see if there is a part number, manufacturer etc?
I am going to use cheesy gate latches until I can find some good latches that will work with the stock door pawl.

Thanks!

#23 · (Edited)
I just looked at the install PDF for the Or-Fab doors on Quadratec... those are EXACTLY the latches I have been looking for.

The ones for the TJ, I found... they are $85 a set from the hotrod places. The JK latches "look" a LOT cheaper so if I could find a part number, those would be sweet.

#25 ·
Jason @ Warrior:
I know you said "soon" on the new product, but can you be a little more specific? I am also looking to buy 4 tube doors for my JK. I can be patient possibly if you have a reason for me too. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.