JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like tube doors are next on the never ending list of.....wait for it......GOODIES.....(couldn't resist that one:devil:).

Anyway, looks like there are only four out there.
  1. Bestop Element, from what I've read, some fitament issues. Comes with pouches. Factory mirrors fit.
  2. Warrior, again, from what I've read, good fit, mesh and padding kits available, no provision for mirrors.
  3. OR Fab, not sure on the fit, comes with padding kit, no provision for mirrors.
    And the newest contender....
  4. Rancho, no rewiews yet, no padding kit (yet, still hopeful), factory mirrors fit.
Being able to use the factory mirrors on the doors is a huge plus for me, I've read that the relocate brackets that place the mirrors on the windshield pillar make it hard to see the right side mirror.
The Rancho's are looking good at this point, a nice cross between the Element and Warrior doors, plus about 60 buck cheaper than the Element. I don't really care for the OR Fab doors, they look a bit flimsy, but what do I know? I would go with the Warriors if they had the mirror provision.
I'll be using these on the street and on the trail.

OK, so who's running what and how do you like them?

Thanks

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I am curious to hear some responses as well.

I also didn't want to relocate the mirrors to the window. I am still trying to figure out Colorados side mirror law. In washington you just have to have one side mirror.

If that is the case here, I would like to get some tube doors that have provisions for side mirrors and just purchase a drivers side mirror (factory or something cheaper) to satisfy the law.

I don't really like how high the bestop and Rancho doors go. They look about the same height as a half door. I like how the Warrior doors only go as high as the latch and have the mesh available.

At this point I am thinkin the warrior and making some sort of mirror bracketry :confused:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I can't comment on the tube doors, but I had mirror relocation brackets on my TJ and the passenger mirror was useless with the doors on. On my JK, I went with these mirrors when going doorless. If you don't want to buy new mirrors, definitely go with a door that has factory mirror mounts.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am curious to hear some responses as well.

I also didn't want to relocate the mirrors to the window. I am still trying to figure out Colorados side mirror law. In washington you just have to have one side mirror.

If that is the case here, I would like to get some tube doors that have provisions for side mirrors and just purchase a drivers side mirror (factory or something cheaper) to satisfy the law.

I don't really like how high the bestop and Rancho doors go. They look about the same height as a half door. I like how the Warrior doors only go as high as the latch and have the mesh available.

At this point I am thinkin the warrior and making some sort of mirror bracketry :confused:
Y'know, you make a very good point here. The Element and Rancho doors do go higher. I didn't notice before, but now they look kinda funny.
And yes, a bracket for the mirror would be really easy in my case. I currently use a couple of 5" round convex mirrors that mount w/wingnuts in the hinge halfs. All I would need to do is drill a couple of holes in the gusset of the doors, or go with a clamp that went around the tube. Thanks for the ideas!

The mesh is cool, but I can't tell if you can use it with the padding kit. But, I'd rather have the pad than the mesh anyways, and I could always fab up some mesh to fit the front section that would work with the pad kit.
Maybe the Warriors are looking better now....

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I finally found some pics of the Rancho and Warrior doors from approximately the same perspective. Looks like they are the same height at the latch end, I'm basing this on where I see the seatbelt buckle in relation to the top tube, and the top of the door by the hinge in relation to the relief in the side of the dash.
I guess the Warrior doors that set lower are for the older jeeps.
I've just about decided on the Warriors, and I think I'll be able to figure out the mirror mounts when I get them.

Warrior

Rancho

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Looks like you are right. The pics of the Warriors I was looking at where not on a jeep. Looks like the rear tube is higher up which makes them look a lot thinner.

Those are good pics and also the two I think I have it narrowed down to as well. I think the quality of the photograph is really making the Ranchos look good but I think I still prefer the overall deign of the Warriors.

Mirror provisions would be nice but I am thinking on a tube door I would rather go with a smaller then stock mirrir anyway so I am leanin towards the Warrior so I can just make my own/smaller mount for some aftermarket mirror that will hopefully sit in pretty tight but provide decent view.

thanks for the photo man, that helped figure it out. I can not wait tell a few years from now when you can just go into a shop and look at the parts before you buy like it was for the older Jeeps :beer:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mirror provisions would be nice but I am thinking on a tube door I would rather go with a smaller then stock mirrir anyway so I am leanin towards the Warrior so I can just make my own/smaller mount for some aftermarket mirror that will hopefully sit in pretty tight but provide decent view.

thanks for the photo man, that helped figure it out. I can not wait tell a few years from now when you can just go into a shop and look at the parts before you buy like it was for the older Jeeps :beer:
Yeah, I got to thinking, W(hy)TF would I want full size mirrors on the trail for anyway? They get the crap beat out of them every time I go wheelin', nothing but tight woods here. I'll use one of my round convex on the drivers side, that makes me legal here.

I'm with you, I can't wait till our parts are more mainstream.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts