JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
You don't need to lift it to make it off road capable. There are a couple of routes you can go.

1) "rubi" springs and shocks, Rubi take off tires and jks quick disco
2) Leveling kit (either spring or puck), Rubi take offs and discos
3) RK flex system, Rubi take offs or other tire (I went this route)

Could really get away with just a leveling kit, some take offs and discos to start.

· JKO Dickhead
3,526 Posts
I would love some starter suggestions on what I should start doing I'm looking at the 2.5 rc lift and shocks? Suggestions please

CATS ARE ASSHOLES! (They made me do it) haha
Reasearch on here... you will get more usefull information than you can process. I am very happy to say that evrything I have bought has worked tremendesly well for what I have and it was all done through research on this very site ...

see my sig line below ..

· Registered
60 Posts
With some of the better lift kits like Rock Krawler or teraflex you can get even better than stock handling on road. They are a little more on the expensive side, but you get what you paid for, I got the RK 2.5 X Factor on my 2 door and it does feel better and more stable on the road and is def better off of it.
GL with your build

· Registered
1,847 Posts
Nothing wrong with going budget. I am happy with mine and it was slowly built over the years I have had it with a lot of used parts you can find in the classifieds.

I started out with some things I felt were needed, like tranny cooler, and added the rest slowly.

Mine has 2.5 BB, 35 kevlars, River raider skids, purejeep front bumper, TMAX winch, warn rear tube. OR Fan carrier, custom bike carrier, a lot of the typical easy mods from here on the board most of my mods were added out of necessity (tire carrier, bike carrier).

Important part is to build what you want and what you need. This is my 5th jeep, and I am just to the point of building what I need and not letting my need to keep up with the jones take over....quick pic

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Well... Its a Jeep. It is already capable off-road. How about mounting a winch to your factory bumper, flipping your rear view, and extending your diff. breathers.

· Registered
1,898 Posts
the thing that jumps out about both the pics? 2 doors. i think, and this is personal opinion but i think a number of people agree, 35s are the nice looking size for a 2 door, and 37s for a 4door. you can get both in with minimal lift and without making the jeep look like a monster truck

· Registered
2,265 Posts
I dunno I d/d my rig and it costs me $400-$500 in gas a month. I guess it depends on whats more important to you street manners or offroad capability. A 2-1/2 inch lift by Metal Cloak, Rock Krawler, or Teraflex and some 35's in my opinion is a great daily driver set up on both a 2 door and 4 door. It starts getting expensive real quick when running larger tires than 35's and a lift larger than 2-1/2 to 3 inches.

· Registered
258 Posts
the thing that jumps out about both the pics? 2 doors. i think, and this is personal opinion but i think a number of people agree, 35s are the nice looking size for a 2 door, and 37s for a 4door. you can get both in with minimal lift and without making the jeep look like a monster truck
This.

I went with the 35" tires on mine with a 2.5 RK and it definitely gets the job done as a weekend off road vehicle and a daily driver.

· Registered
619 Posts
Im running stock wheels and tires and a 3" lift. So heres a list of stuff Ive destroyed (you might want to upgrade) in the 1 1/2 years Ive had my JKUR:

1. Diff Covers-Lots of aftermarket options, dont get aluminum.
2. Steering Stabilizers (2)- Get a flip kit, They are cheap. Im currently not running a stabilizer as the last one I installed lookes like a boomarang :)
3. Tie Rod- I replaced mine with the Ruff Stuff kit as its the cheapest HD rod I could find but you need access to a welder. There are several good ones out there but they aren't cheap.
4. Axles- Exploded the passenger front, bent the flange on the passenger rear. I think the stock axles are made of some shit metal cause I dont wheel that hard IMO. Replaced with Chromolies. Not cheap.

Anyways good luck on your build man.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.