JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so I outgrew my budget boost and I am having the following installed on my rig next week, (unless you guys have better suggestions) PLEASE WEIGH IN ON THESE UPGRADES!

I just installed P305/75/r17 dynapro atm's (which I love)

Adding a rock krawler 2.5 flex and ditching the budget boost.
rugged ridge xhd modular front bumper with winch mount, storage ends and hoop
rugged ridge extreme heavy duty rear bumper
evap relocation
poison spyder diff covers front and rear
12,500lb warn winch with synthetic cable

Any other thoughts? This will be a trail rig second and a daily driver 1st.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Check out JCR Offroad. Quite a few people are running their steel and have been happy with fit, finish, and quality. JCR just upgraded to a HD Plasma cutter so their edge cuts are flawless and the fitment is even better than when I bought my Dagger front bumper.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip....I looked at some of the reviews on the rr bumpers and they look pretty good. I already ordered them so I will let you know how they hold up. I live like 20mins from smorr. I got the evap skid and was wondering what other under armor I need to survive there. I spent 5k on the upgrades above so I will have to go slow from there on. but I don't want to break a bunch of stuff either

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
I scored a RR XHD on a price error from amazon last year. I only paid $200 and I am surprised on how it's built. Been through one winter and shows no signs off rusting. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1385784005.338325.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Caveat emptor.

You finish one project and start another. Modded vehicles, guns and wifes are all the same- you dump some money into them, have some fun, and when the fun wears off someone else takes them off your hands.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Rugged Ridge bumpers are good to go. People just hate on them because they aren’t semi-custom and cost $600. They are made out of thick steel and great textured powder coat. They fit perfectly and sink the winch down. Your mods are your mods. They aren’t bad or good just what YOU wanted. Different people start with different mods.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
FYI, if you're wheeling rocks you're probably going to scrape whatever coating or paint is on any bumper and have to touch it up to avoid rust.

I got the Rugged Ridge XHD 4 years ago because I needed a cheap platform to mount a winch. My plan was to replace it later with something better built. But it went on with zero issues and has held-up great in spite of being run into and dragged over rocks hundreds of times, and doesn't flex at all when winching, even on double-line pulls at up to stall speed. I just touch it up occasionally with Rustoleum texture black and it looks good as new.

So it might be inexpensive but it is a solid bumper; no reason to be concerned about your choice of products. I am more concerned by your selection of lift kits, as I've been seeing an increasing number of problems with Rock Krawler parts failing. It's enough of a concern that I have a hard time recommending RK stuff to new JK owners looking for advice.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Rugged Ridge bumpers are good to go. People just hate on them because they aren’t semi-custom and cost $600. They are made out of thick steel and great textured powder coat. They fit perfectly and sink the winch down. Your mods are your mods. They aren’t bad or good just what YOU wanted. Different people start with different mods.

-Dan
I guess you are calling me a hater based on my comments. I just base my opinions on what I have seen out there that others have bought. And yes I know people with that bumper and my opinion still stands compared to several other bumpers I have seen. Btw I have never bought an aftermarket bumper and you can take your hater comments and stick them in your ass.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I guess you are calling me a hater based on my comments. I just base my opinions on what I have seen out there that others have bought. And yes I know people with that bumper and my opinion still stands compared to several other bumpers I have seen. Btw I have never bought an aftermarket bumper and you can take your hater comments and stick them in your ass.
Wow someone sure got sand in their vagina:bawling:.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
FYI, if you're wheeling rocks you're probably going to scrape whatever coating or paint is on any bumper and have to touch it up to avoid rust.

I got the Rugged Ridge XHD 4 years ago because I needed a cheap platform to mount a winch. My plan was to replace it later with something better built. But it went on with zero issues and has held-up great in spite of being run into and dragged over rocks hundreds of times, and doesn't flex at all when winching, even on double-line pulls at up to stall speed. I just touch it up occasionally with Rustoleum texture black and it looks good as new.

So it might be inexpensive but it is a solid bumper; no reason to be concerned about your choice of products. I am more concerned by your selection of lift kits, as I've been seeing an increasing number of problems with Rock Krawler parts failing. It's enough of a concern that I have a hard time recommending RK stuff to new JK owners looking for advice.

Please share you info on the RK parts that are failing. I'll be lifting a two door soon and RK is my #1 pick right now.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

x whatever on the RR bumper. I've had one on my Jeep for three years now and I have rammed it into rocks, trees and pulled some pretty hard pulls with the winch and it has held up fine. (even the powder coat)

Only thing negative I would say about it is that the fairlead bolts contact the winch itself and is a pain in the ass to get everything lined up. I don't know if it is only that way with the Smittybilt winch I have or if others have the same problem. Either way, probably the best bang for the buck out there for a front stubby.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

One thread iirc. There was a lack of communication between the shop/RK and owner. RK came trough at the end and the owner was happy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 27 Posts