JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have them? How do you like them? I'm thinking about going with these since I've heard some fairly good reviews on them, especially in snow and ice. Some pics would be great too if anyone has them.

· Registered
827 Posts
I went through a set of 35's. They are sticky and pliable. Work great in almost any terrain. They tend to wear a little funny and harder to balance, especially if they chunk. The middle tread section goes first, which is annoying because you are left with tires that have nice sidewall lugs and shoulder lugs, with a slick center. I'd give them an A for rock work, a B for street performance.....and a C for longevity and wear characteristics.

· Registered
11 Posts
I ask my mechanic about Truxus tires, I am looging for 37'S. He don't recomand them because he says they are imposible to balance.

The owner of the national 4x4 next door says that they are is # 1 choice.

Go figure !!!

Peronnaly my hart balance between the SSR (Interco) or the Pitbulls. (Maddogs).

· Registered
1,595 Posts
The Truxus MT's seem to be really popular here in New England. They are at or near the top of my list when it comes time to replace what I have now. One thing I like about Interco is that they make most of their tires in a 16" size so I'll be able to keep my 16" wheels and still get 37" tires. Just try that with BFG, Toyo, Good Year, etc.... not a lot of 37" choices out there if you run a 16" wheel.

· Registered
205 Posts
i have them in 35s and have about 25,000 miles on them and there still good im looking at getting them in 37s or getting the SSRs in 37

· Premium Member
3,986 Posts
They are probably a good overall tire but on rocks the suck. No bite to them at all.
Its funny how there are so many different opinions- my experience with these tires on the rocks was VERY good! Several times my Jk with the TruXus MTs were the only ones to make an rock obstacle. I love the heavy side tread. Very tough. I also really liked them in the snow.

I got about 20K miles out of mine and they are down to about 50% tread before I replaced them. Like others say- hard to impossible to keep balanced, wear is un-even.

Attachments

· Registered
541 Posts
I ask my mechanic about Truxus tires, I am looging for 37'S. He don't recomand them because he says they are imposible to balance.
I had a set of 33" TrXus MT's on my old XJ and I had much better results with them versus BFG MT's

Mud they were comparable, snow they dominated everything anyone ever brought out onto the trails, and in dry/rocky stuffy they did quite well.

They are challenging to balance sometimes, but not impossible. I ran 9oz. of airsoft bb's in each one with no tire weights and I had no vibration issues that were notable up to 75mph

My only real complaint with the TrXus was the air issue. I'd fill em to 35psi and in two weeks they'd be down to 28psi. They always self lowered even from day 1. I heard a few other people complain about that too.

· Registered
313 Posts
The Jeep Club I belong to had a run in Moab last weekend and one of the vehicles had 37" Truxus tires. I was VERY VERY impressed with their performance. They were on a 63 Willys PU, the one in the March issue of FourWheeler and SUV, and there was less tire slippage with them than I had with my 35" KM2's and a whole lot less than those with MTR's.

They seemed to have a soft compound when I examined them. I'd like to know more about them and will consider them when I upgrade to 37's. I'm a bid worried about stories of their being hard to balance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.