JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting an artec truss and gussets installed soon and was curious what others have paid for install costs. Local shop quoted me $425 labor, that includes dropping and reinstalling the axle. Seem fair?

· Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm going to be getting an artec truss and gussets installed soon and was curious what others have paid for install costs. Local shop quoted me $425 labor, that includes dropping and reinstalling the axle. Seem fair?
That doesn't seem to bad. Most of the labor is dropping and reinstalling the axle.

The welding of the axle actually doesn't take too long.

If you have the abilities to remove the axle on your own and do the initial prep, I bet you could have a welder install the truss for under $100.

· Jeepineer
1,495 Posts
I've done two so far, and it took about 4-5 hours of welding (full kit, maybe 3 hours for the truss) so that doesn't seem terrible given the going rate for shop work around here is about $100 an hour give or take. The axle was already out, and empty, making it easier

· Registered
1,423 Posts
I've done two so far, and it took about 4-5 hours of welding (full kit, maybe 3 hours for the truss) so that doesn't seem terrible given the going rate for shop work around here is about $100 an hour give or take. The axle was already out, and empty, making it easier
I did the Artec Kit as well as Synergy Sleeves.

Removing the stock trackbar mount, drilling 24 holes for the sleeves, and removing paint took about 3 hours and welding it took about 1-2 hours for me.

Either way, I think $450 is a good deal for drive-in/drive-out service.

· Registered
587 Posts
Sounds good, I asked a popular So Cal shop and they wanted about double that for the full Artec kit. Mines just been collecting dust, I need to get it installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.