JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, it's official, I finally got to go on a real wheeling trip today and had one HELL of a time! I had joined up with a group here at Tech and a few of us got together (5 jeeps and 2 quads) and drove up to Amarillo to the Canadian River and wheeled from about 11 til 5. For those who may know the trails, we wen as far east as possible (Chicken Creek, and please correct me if I'm wrong) and then to Widow Hill on the west side of the highway. Total damages were 1 quad getting rolled in the river (the guy drove into about the only in the crossing) and on the last leg (Widow's Hill), I managed to somehow break the shaft on my passenger rear shock about an inch above the eye on the way up... hopefully Fox will warranty it...

But the moral is that I'm officially hooked and learned a lot and leaned what all my JK more or less would benefit from (lockers, winch, rock sliders, ect) but overall, my 2.5" budget boosted, Fox 2.0s, chopped bumper, chopped flat fenders, and 35's managed everything and asked for more. Overall, I'm one impressed and pround SOB of my rig!

And no, no pictures this time around unfortunately

·
Registered
979 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the downward slide! It's pretty wild what these Jeeps will do stock. With a few mods, the capability rises exponentially.

You're on the right path now by joining a group and learning the local trails and what your Jeep will do. My advice would be make a list of what you think you need and arrange it by priority. Pick away at everything a piece at a time, so you don't end up overwhelmed. I'd say get something to protect those rocker panels first, they are pretty vulnerable and the sheet metal on a JK bends in the wind. After that your on your own.

And get pictures next time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts