JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all hello all and thanks in advance for the help. I am not new to wheeling or JK's but I am new to this forum... This only my second post and my first thread.... Here is the deal I am looking to go with a 38 Inch tire. I am looking for a full 37 inches of tire so I figure go with 38's and hopefully I will get a true 37 inches and maybe a little bit more. This is a daily driver and it gets wheeled at least once a month. I new to rocks but I love the mud. I also love the hummm an agressive tire makes going down the road. I need to pcick a good all around tire and with so many choices out there I just can''t decide. Swampers BFG's Pro Comp etc etc etc.... I figure I will turn to the experts for some advice. I also like the look of a wide tire. I have MT radials now 35x12.5 I would love to go 13.5 or 14.5 this time around. I have read a lot about weight and rubbing and everything else that goes along with it. Any help would be great. The obvious question that goes along with this is what to put them on. I need to go with new wheels all black and not to heavy the tires will be heavy enough so the lighter the wheel the better. width back spacing 15 16 17 or 18????????

·
Registered
519 Posts
The TOYO line is representative of as close to true sizing as whats on the sidewall. The Mt in 37" is 37" tall (go figure), the BFG as a 37 is more like a TOYO 35 1/2. if that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
I think Toyo MTs come in a 37x14.5x15. Maybe it is a 13.5" width. Just google "Toyo tires open country mt specs" and one of the first results will be the specs page in a pdf on the Toyo site.

I prefer a load range C, 6 ply tire. The load range E, 10 ply tires made for lifted 1 ton 4x4 trucks with 20k+ lbs towing capacities are too stiff for JKs--at least for 2dr JKs.

I am very happy with my Cragar Soft 8 black steel wheels from summitracing.com. You will want a 15x10 wheel with 4" or less backspacing. (JK bolt pattern is 5x5.)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The new goodyear mt/r's that just came out are in a 38x14.50 R17... they are also supposed to be true to size as opposed to the old mt/r. just another option.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just want to thank everyone for the help. The more ideas the better. Keep them coming I am leaning towards Swampers. I have to tell all of you guys the help on this site is amazing. People on this forum really seem to have a clue unlike that old site I was on.....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Also, check out the IROK 36x13.50 tires. They measure out to 37".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts