JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed in interceptor gauge last night and much to my disappointment it's not powering up. My first thought is that I'm simply not getting power to my OBD2 port. Testing I planning on doing is the following:

1. Check fuses (partially done)
2. Check cable from OBD2 port to the gauge
3. Check gauge configuration (done, jumper is in place as per directions)
4. Use scan tool to verify power to the OBD2 port (powered by OBD2 just like the gauge)
5. Check wires to OBD2 port.

I've never had to troubleshoot an OBD2 port, so I'm not sure if there's anything I'm missing, however, I think what I've listed above is a good start. Any other recommendations on this?

· Registered
1,614 Posts
hmmm strange.. i would guess it probably is the wiring to the gauge.. i have the same one.. and once in awhile it dosent come on and i just have to unplug and plug it back into obII port and it comes on... maybe the wiring.. any chance you could test it on another jk ?

· Registered
1,585 Posts
hmmm strange.. i would guess it probably is the wiring to the gauge.. i have the same one.. and once in awhile it dosent come on and i just have to unplug and plug it back into obII port and it comes on... maybe the wiring.. any chance you could test it on another jk ?
Mine has done that too. Same thing works when mine doesnt come on.

Strange that it didnt come on the first time though...have you unplugged the cable from the back of the gauge and plugged it back in? If not you might try to contact Aeroforce or try it in another jeep and see what happens.

Also, heres a link to the user manual: http://www.aeroforcetech.com/files/Interceptor_USER_MANUAL_rev_3_7.pdf

· Registered
1,693 Posts
I might be confusing with another vehicle, but believe the ODBC is powered off the same circuit as the passenger-side 12V outlet and is always on.

I would imagine that if you plug into any ODBC II port, even if not a Jeep, it should power-up, even if to give a communications error. At least that is how the Flashpaq works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.