JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got a set of H13 6K HIDs plug and play for the jeep but they arent working and i have a extra male plug for some reason, from the relay thiers 3 connections a male and female for the one light and only a male for the other and thats where its screwed up, i have all the connections correct positive to positive, negative to negative, grounded to bare metal and also tried the (-) on battery and so on. when i turn the lights on the relay goes crazy and starts buzzing and my passenger flickers and idk why and im still wondering why my one male plug isnt into anything, ive tried calling the place where i got them and they have the shitest service ever so any help would be great guys bc i have no electrical skills

heres a picture

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
My memory's foggy because I changed my lights out a while ago, but I used a different set up. I assume the female connections are going in to the factory Driver and Passenger side headlight hookups, no? If that's the case, that male plug goes into the headlight harness also on the passenger side right by the TIPM. You have to seperate the connection, pry off the cover, and it plugs right in. I REALLY wish I could explain this better and if the rain stops soon, I'll grab you some pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You've ordered the wrong set. What you need is a H13-3(9008) Bi-Xenon (Dual Beam) HID conversion kit. What you have will only give you low beam, no high.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You've ordered the wrong set. What you need is a H13-3(9008) Bi-Xenon (Dual Beam) HID conversion kit. What you have will only give you low beam, no high.
they are the bixenon light.

i need to disable the daytime running lights, but having some trouble finding threads about them

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're trying to run an illegal cheap retrofit on a PWM circuit.
Can you return it and buy something safe and legal?
thier going back tommarrow i had enough with thier shit so ill be ordering a good set tommarrow but looking to empty my wallet either, what route did you go with ?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
All these HID threads are whats making it hard to get a set for me. Ive ran SilverStars and im not a fan, but these stock headlights suck something awful.
yeahh ive been looking through alot of threads and nothings helping at all, im looking at the ddmtuning but who knows i just want a nice plug and play set

Anyone order from ddmtuning.com, if so do we need the HID harness or anything else? im completely lost when it comes to this stuff

·
Registered
229 Posts
thier going back tommarrow i had enough with thier shit so ill be ordering a good set tommarrow but looking to empty my wallet either, what route did you go with ?
I have JW Speaker LEDs (Dot compliant, totally legal) with a Rallylights harness.

If you want legal HID, get the Valeo/Sylvania XE7 kit and a harness. It takes some trimming of the buckets to install and a slight movement of the airbag sensors; do this all at your own risk, of course.

If you want lights that work very very well, get a complete Cibie kit with Phillips Xtreme Power H4 bulbs (including harness) from Danile Stern Lighting.

If you want almost as good lights, get the full Hella kit from Rallylights and the Phillips bulb (costs less than Dan's).

If you want really zippy LEDs and don't mind modding the headlight buckets and airbag sensor, the JW Speakers are hard to beat. Very pricey though.

And if you want the most rugged, durable, and dependable lights, get some Truck-Lite LEDs and a harness from Rallylights. These don't have a very good spread of light and don't warm up enough to melt snow/ice, but you can't kill them on the trail.

If you just want to improve the stockers, install H13 Phillips Xtreme Power bulbs. You can further improve that by ordering an H13 to H13 full harness from Rallylights or Stern ---- you're still stuck with the poor performing OE reflector but the light will be much better than stock at least.

Welcome to today's edition of TMI from Hilldweller...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts