JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts

the spindle, upright portal design as it lies ( w/ the badass , proprietary
front diff/transfer case combo
) together in the plane of that gullwing shaped lower CA reminds me of how the F4-U Corsair warbird lower wings allowed for prop room & landing gear strength back in ww2.

that truck is otherworldly amazing.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet within the next 5 years or so they'll get rid of the jungle gym of tube and you'll start seeing CF tubs being used.
That would very interesting to see. Hypercars and high dollar race cars today do that with a monocoque which has proven more than strong enough to keep the occupant safe but Im not sure that material is designed to handle the stresses of an offroad race. In this kind of application, the structure would be constantly getting opposing twisting motions slowly stressing the CF. Im not a expert on this so I am not saying its impossible just difficult for sure.

I think with the level of spending, next up is titanium jungle gyms. The really high dollar drag cars are doing that now I believe so cant see why it wont apply here.

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
I think they are already there with tub designs. The loads on F1 cars and LeMans prototypes from aero and cornering are incredible. The engines, wings and suspension pick up points all attach to the tub.

Now, they're not bouncing off immovable objects all the time like the trucks are.

It is great to see the highend tech make it's way into the TT world. They've been definitely behind the times for years.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
$700k, that's it? Sign me up for 7. Give me one for each day of the week.

I bet you Unlimited guys would ask if it came in a 4-door. :thefinger:

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts

They're holding out until CF sippy cup holders are available for the 2nd row passengers :laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts

They're holding out until CF sippy cup holders are available for the 2nd row passengers :laughing:

Sippy cups in a TT are only a button push away:thefinger:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yeah and you would get a full 3 hours of pleasure. On the whore side, you’d get 2 minutes and pleasure at 178 minutes of cuddling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
To date, that trip was the most fun thing I have ever done in my life. I've raced dirt bikes, pro stock roundy-round cars, go carts and dabbled a little in drag racing and none of it even comes close to the 3hrs I spent strapped in that truck floating across the desert behind the leader!

I really want to go again, but explaining to my wife that I need to take a quick 2 day trip to Vegas by myself and will spend $1500 in 3hrs isn't going over well. Lmao

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
To date, that trip was the most fun thing I have ever done in my life. I've raced dirt bikes, pro stock roundy-round cars, go carts and dabbled a little in drag racing and none of it even comes close to the 3hrs I spent strapped in that truck floating across the desert behind the leader!

I really want to go again, but explaining to my wife that I need to take a quick 2 day trip to Vegas by myself and will spend $1500 in 3hrs isn't going over well. Lmao

If you don't come home with a STD or needle marks on your arms, all is good.

I'd think a TT would be the 4 wheel version of a motocross bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
A trip to Vegas and $1200 will put you behind the wheel of a TT at Vegas Off Road Extreme for about 3hrs. I did there desert package 3yrs ago and it was beyond AWESOME! Worth every penny!

I am sharing this information w/ my wife & teenage kids. If they care for their father& husband's wellness, they'll look into what they need to do to get me there. Thanks for the tip!

edit: holy crap , they would find me , sitting /grinning at wherever I was unable to purchase further fuel for it to keep running .
I must do this.

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
That would be funner than a $1200 whore. Don't get in trouble for beating the hell out of it.

part of the excitement would be finally running something that I more than likely couldn't tearup by driving it properly. I mean, you've seen some vidz of my slow, crawl driving but not anything where I use throttle:wink2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts