JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Its fawking nutz the level these kids have taken this shit to. I was a skateboader from about 7yrs- 18yrs old, and was good as they come locally, but the shit I see now, I couldn't even hold a candle to some of the 13 year olds now. I lived to skate, but these kids now, live, breath and bleed these sports, with crazy amounts of support from parents, and sponsers. That guy just changed the rest of his life with that trick. His parents probably never dreamed of his first bike turning into this shit!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
as quoted in a spider thread... fuck everything about this... ida shat my pants just lookin down from the top of that ramp... its not a fear of hights, or even a fear of death, but a fear of what the skid marks would look like...

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Its fawking nutz the level these kids have taken this shit to. I was a skateboader from about 7yrs- 18yrs old, and was good as they come locally, but the shit I see now, I couldn't even hold a candle to some of the 13 year olds now. I lived to skate, but these kids now, live, breath and bleed these sports, with crazy amounts of support from parents, and sponsers. That guy just changed the rest of his life with that trick. His parents probably never dreamed of his first bike turning into this shit!
I agree, man. Was never really into these types of sports, other than watching from the bleachers, but it seems that extreme sports are evolving very rapidly. Everyone's out to 1-up the last guy. I mean, look at all the publicity Pastrana got completing a double-back on a dirtbike. This kid more than likely just scored major deals from different sponsors and will probably never have to have a real job again.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Sick trick. I hate how the groupies "attack" an action sports athlete after they've just completed a great trick. Can't they let the man stand and give him a solid hug and a pat on the back? Do they have to Urlacher him off his bicycle?

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
This kid more than likely just scored major deals from different sponsors and will probably never have to have a real job again.
Unless he gets hurt bad enough! Which from the looks of that, isn't too hard to do

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
We had a pretty decent halfpipe in our backyard growing up: 40' long, 16' wide, 10' high, curved drop in on one side, and 2' of vert. on each side.... mind you this was 24 yrs ago... holy shit I'm old.

I was happy I could land a 360 occasionally and actually get some air off the top. We had some kids that could do some sixk shit at the time, but NOTHING like today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts