JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, myself and some friends tagged along with CORE 4x4 who hosted a Jacks Pass trail run. I was the only JK of the bunch. The guys we met of CORE were a great bunch and very knowledgeable. We aired down as soon as the snow started to build up as we climbed in altitude. Initially there were no real problems, until we hit a very sharp and inclined turn with some soft snow. I have driven in snow plenty, but never in 4 feet deep snow, so deep snow wheeling was new to me. I was using a little too much throttle and got myself buried/sliding off the more compact areas. What I'm used to calling a little throttle was still too much for this very dry powdery snow.

After getting buried about 3 times in a row, I finally started getting the hang of it with some advice from the CORE guys like Cecil. Just gotta give very short quick feathery blips of the throttle to try and float above the snow. Any wheel spin in the slightest landed you buried. There were about 15 or so vehicles total, but mostly the front 5 or 6 got seperated from the rest of the pack for most of the day.

Overall, it was a good trip, got to play in the snow, do some recoveries, and we all posed around a snow covered bridge. I learned alot my first time in the deep snow.

Sadly, most of the pictures are only of us burying into the snow, not many action shots. But it was a great day with great views.

-My wife was helping us get unstuck by taking pictures of me shoveling....thanks!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Looks cold but fun - great pics:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts