JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had issues with my trinity every step of the way. I could not figure out how to use the locker functions or fog lights or a number of other features. I also noticed after I ordered the device it is not CARB certified so no go here in CA. But then when trying to restore the factory tune it bricked my ECM. I couldn't believe it, Diablosport told me to go with the Superchips. I appreciate the honesty but not being able to answer any questions and getting defensive about the product was bizarre. Superchips was able to troubleshoot my problems even though I was not a customer of theirs. My ECM had lost all programming. They helped me exchange the trinity for a trail dash which was $150 less. That paid for the dealer to reprogram my jeep.

Just thought I would share here so people know. I was told that trinity had not tested the locker feature or fog light feature in a jeep and I should wait for an update. As a warning to potential buyers, wait until they get around to testing on a jeep at the very least. Or just go with the trail dash, it works as advertised and is legal for use in CA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same thing happen using the traildash on my 2014 Rubicon JKU. Super chips was kind enough to reprogram my ECM for me and I promptly returned the traildash. Not sure if I would trust any programmer right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. I am not 100% sure the trinity caused the problem but they had zero interest in helping me fix it. Superchips on the other hand has been walking me through the process and have been very helpful.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had issues with my trinity every step of the way. I could not figure out how to use the locker functions or fog lights or a number of other features. I also noticed after I ordered the device it is not CARB certified so no go here in CA. But then when trying to restore the factory tune it bricked my ECM. I couldn't believe it, Diablosport told me to go with the Superchips. I appreciate the honesty but not being able to answer any questions and getting defensive about the product was bizarre. Superchips was able to troubleshoot my problems even though I was not a customer of theirs. My ECM had lost all programming. They helped me exchange the trinity for a trail dash which was $150 less. That paid for the dealer to reprogram my jeep.

Just thought I would share here so people know. I was told that trinity had not tested the locker feature or fog light feature in a jeep and I should wait for an update. As a warning to potential buyers, wait until they get around to testing on a jeep at the very least. Or just go with the trail dash, it works as advertised and is legal for use in CA.
The other thing I noticed with the Diablo on my 2014 Rubicon was that my NAV doesn't work anymore. I hit the button for entering a new address and it just hangs there and then it resets. A friend of mine with a 2012 after the Diablo now his backup camera is activated all the time even though he doesn't have one.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Mike at Diablo told me "our customers are our testers" when I was talking to him about how their latest update bricked my Trinity. :nono:
this answers my question about DCX1000 Intune versus Flashpac very well! srry you went thru that. what year is your rig?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Diablosport is shit. Mine was bricked in the past. The whole compass missing and losing audio controls really pisses me off. They pretty much ignore us on their forum. They have zero cred in my book. I've been running the same "tune" of theirs for months because everything works now and I don't wanna update it and have it get all fucked up again. And by "tune" I mean adjusted tire size for speedo correction. No ACTUAL tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts