JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Poison Snyder flat fenders on my Jeep, and am running 37’s. When I am wheeling, my tires will rub on the back edge of the inner fenders, and on the lower corner of the inner fender. I am contemplating trimming the back part of the fender for more clearance, but when I was looking at it, I noticed there is a plastic vent right behind the wheel well, pointing down. Is there something up in there I should be concerned about? I guess I could cut it and let everyone know, but I am thinking that it is just likely an air vent or drain port, even though it seems a bit big for that.

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts
nearly impossible to grasp the “vent hole” in the front fender well lining that you refer-to without Picts, bud.
This coming from a guy who knows those factory liners quite intimately, lol. I have cut , drilled, adhered , sewn and ziptied my front liners so much it’s funny . But, you couldn’t tell without looking close. I do not run back ones.

Give us a link to a photo you upload to imgur so we can see what yer askin.

:jeep2:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I wasn’t clear. This is on the rear of my Jeep. It rubs on both sides and the pinch weld on both sides has been bent up.

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts
get out the grinder or reciprocating sawzall & fix it !

be sure to clean and slap paint upon the exposed steel sheet metal afterwards. ( don’t do that noobish “ smash it w a hammer “ clearance . :nono:

remember, you can always cut more if you trim small ; go big and you can’t add it back without difficulty !

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
yep cut the pinch welds back. Don't know what the vent you are talking about.

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts
I think he might be referencing the axle-breather hose that - before we extend them - can peek out below the wheel-well back/pssngr-side. ... it can have it's plastic tip poking out from under the edge :

If this is wht you are referencing, that is how the axle breathes and if you plan on going thru any water, extend-it ( search on here for the Sticky) after you trim your wheel well from cutting your tires.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
fender liners belong in a landfill.
they should be recycled into something friendly to the environment. You pig you, think about the turtles.

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,229 Posts
damn I gotta get out to the West coast with my Jeep thid coming year so we can hang-out , man. I doubt we'd ever stop laughing @snout
:bounce:

The plan is to go pick up WhiteFWD13JKUR and crash bay area jeep night.
I already have the matching Borat man-bikinis ready.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The plan is to go pick up WhiteFWD13JKUR and crash bay area jeep night.
I already have the matching Borat man-bikinis ready.
Don't mess with me right now. I'm fugging with Windows Support scammers in India. I screwed with the dude at 845-251-4539 until he got shut down. Called him a mader chod. That was amusing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts