JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have tried and tried and failed because I am a lazy ass. After selling a Jeep to Erica Ellyson I have renewed inspiration to become fit and trim like I was at 18. I have no idea what got into to me but she made me feel like fat ass especially when I see the pic. She was very nice never did anything wrong.

My stats

Waste:44"

Height:6'-0"

Current weight:233lbs 09/27/09

Goal:200lbs in 60 days

Day 1:Ran/walked .8 miles Weight:233
Day 2:Ran/walked 2.4 miles Weight 235
Day 3:Ran/walked 2.4 miles Weight 232.4
Day 4:Ran/walked 1.2 miles Weight 232.6
Day 5:Ran/walked 2.4 miles Weight 233.6
Day 6:Ran/walked 2.4 Miles
Day 7:OFF

Week 2
Day 8:Ran/walked 1.2 miles
Day 9:Ran/walked 1.2 miles
Day 10:OFF
Day 11:OFF
Day 12:walked 1.2 miles with wife!
Day 13:Off
Day 14:walked 1.2 miles with wife!

Week 3
Day 15:Ran/walked 1.2 miles
Day 16:walked 1.2 miles
Day 17:Off
Day 18:Off
Day 19:walked 1.6 miles
Day 20:walked 1.6 miles
Day 21:Off

Week 4
Day 22:Off
Day 23:Off
Day 24:walked 1.6 miles with wife!
Day 25:walked 1.6 miles
Day 26:walked 1.6 miles
Day 27:Off
Day 28:walked 1.6 miles

Week 5
Day 29:Off
Day 30:walked 1.6 miles with wife!
Day 31:walked 1.6 miles with wife!
Day 32:Walked 1.6 miles
Day 33:Off
Day 34:Walked 2 miles
Day 35:Walked 2 miles

Week 6
Day 36:Walked 2 miles
Day 37:Off
Day 38:Off
Day 39:Walked 2 miles
Day 40:Off
Day 41:Off
Day 42:Off

Week 7:
Day 43:Walked 1.6 miles
Day 44:Off
Day 45:Walked 1.8 miles
Day 46:Off
Day 47:Walked 1.9 miles
Day 48:Walked 1.9 miles
Day 49:Walked 1.9 miles

Week 8:
Day 50:Walked 2.0 Miles
Day 51:Walked 2.0 Miles
Day 52:Off
Day 53:Off
Day 54:

Week 1:11.6 Mi Weight:231.8
Week 2:4.8 Mi Weight:230
Week 3:5.6 Mi Weight:228.6
Week 4:6.4 Mi Weight:227.4 30 Day Loss:7.6 lbs
Week 5:8.8 Mi Weight:226.8
Week 6:4 Mi Weight:223.6 WOW!
Week 7:9.1 Mi Weight 220.6 Man another 3lbs gone!

What I will do different:

Eat better meaning NO FAST FOOD:pissed: And exercise 1 hr a day via running. No eating after 8pm..thats my worst habit.

I hate running BTW!

I will try and get my wife into this as she has gained a bit from having a my daughter a few years ago.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated

Let the war begin!

Before pic!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
It's been said that sex is the best calorie burner...

I am a fat bastard also... I need more sex! :thefinger:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Sorry. No tips here. I'm like the only one in the family tree that is "thin" and the only guy in the family that has six pack abs (no trying to brag). I just don't seem to gain weight

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
more power to ya man..good luck.

Not to bring you down, but some of us fat guys can hike 10-15 miles and still be fat lol
I am not all that fat really just the Ass and belly! A few years ago I had my cholesterol checked and it was close to 200 and it scared me as many of my family members have died from heart disease. I have not checked in 3 years and I am scared to because its probably way above. So another factor to my madness! I also think posting publicly may push me a bit harder.

Jason

·
Registered
252 Posts
2 best reads I've found...for real guys who work for a living:

"Eat This Not That"
&
"Belly Off Diet"

both from Men's Health, but they make good sense...have changed my view on day to day choices. Doing pretty well over the past couple months...just need to get the gym going to supplement.

I've also done P90X before...in case you feel like kicking your own ass every day...that is a friggin great workout!

Good luck man! Inspire us!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2 best reads I've found...for real guys who work for a living:

"Eat This Not That"
&
"Belly Off Diet"

both from Men's Health, but they make good sense...have changed my view on day to day choices. Doing pretty well over the past couple months...just need to get the gym going to supplement.

I've also done P90X before...in case you feel like kicking your own ass every day...that is a friggin great workout!

Good luck man! Inspire us!
Thanks......I have motivation that I have never had before:D

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Day 2:Ran/walked 1.1 miles Weight 235

Seems that I have fluctuated in the wrong direction! I tell you I hurt in places I did not know can hurt! I feel better though and maybe more positive when that weight drops.

Jason

·
Registered
587 Posts
Walking is just as good as running. I hate running too. I walk 30 minutes in the morning and again in the evening - an hour a day is all it takes. Give it a few months and you'll notice a difference! If you can lift some weights once in awhile, that will help too. If you build up your muscle mass a little, it'll burn calories even when you're not exercising - muscle burns more calories than fat, even at rest.
Good luck!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Walking is just as good as running. I hate running too. I walk 30 minutes in the morning and again in the evening - an hour a day is all it takes. Give it a few months and you'll notice a difference! If you can lift some weights once in awhile, that will help too. If you build up your muscle mass a little, it'll burn calories even when you're not exercising - muscle burns more calories than fat, even at rest.
Good luck!
Thanks, I plan to lift the weights maybe in a few months. I want to lose the ass and belly first.

Jason

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Working out can lead to an increased appetite, thus eating more. You have to cut your portions back and will it out as well.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Working out can lead to an increased appetite, thus eating more. You have to cut your portions back and will it out as well.
Yeah, I really do not eat a lot now..just eat at the wrong times and wrong food.

It took me a 12 years to get this way, before 21 I could eat anything and I would not gain a pound! After 21 stress, running businesses,wife,kids...this all adds up!

Jason

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got back from my run 1.2mi for a total of 2.4mi today. I do not think I have ever ran 2.4mi in my entire life! I feel the pain and I am still determined as ever.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I feel results not in weight loss but increased stamina. I feel good for the first time in many years. I actually woke up before my alarm and was ready to go again although my legs hurt really bad. I stretch before and after which really helps and a hot bath does too. I still feel pretty motivated by all this, just need to keep at it.

Day 3:Ran/walked 1.2 miles Weight 232.4

1 - 20 of 124 Posts