JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening,

Swapping out my coil springs and adding some adjustable front LCA's this evening. . .

Any tips on getting the bolt holes to line up? Had to pull in the axle to get the stock uppers to align and now are pulling out the axle for the lowers (pulling towards the front of the vehicle) with ratchet straps.

Using two floor jacks to adjust driver/passenger side axle height. .. . Can't seem to get the axle pulled towards the front enough to get the bottom bolt to line up? Is removing the front track bar critical? Have sway bars, shocks and tires removed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated for tomorrow's attempt!

· Registered
375 Posts
Placing a piece of wood under the tie rod used as a jacking point worked for me, do it on opposite end you are on working on. Just jack high enough till it lines up, and go really slow. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk.

· Premium Member
5,163 Posts
Just reach around and yank the tire back. Worked for me.
An No .. I am not strong :D

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate all the feedback. I will try the wood + tie rod trick.

I had some AEV drop brackets installed and had to break both sets loose- the uppers in stock position and new lowers.

I have the uper mount on the lowers in- almost close enough for the screw driver trick for the lower mounting point for the LCA's.

Really appreciate the input. .. less cussing tomorrow!

· Registered
259 Posts
+1 on the ratchet straps. Works like a champ!

· Registered
11,420 Posts
I install lower control arms with the tires on the ground. The majority of the time I can just roll the tire one way or the other to get the bolt holes to line up. If it's being a pain, the ratchet strap comes out...but most of the time a roll will get it done.

· Registered
153 Posts
Swearing.. Plenty of swearing....

· A JKO DICK
1,853 Posts
I do mine with the tires on the ground. I push the tire forward or backward while kicking a wheel chock under the tire in the same direction to get it close. Then I use use a jack under the pinion to line them up perfect, bolts slide right in. Don't forget to put some moly on the bolts.

· Registered
3,051 Posts
By far the easiest way to do it is with a jack.

Under the pinion if your reducing the caster/raising the pinion.

Under a TRE if you are increasing caster/lowering pinion.

I initially used rachet straps....makes things a lot more difficult and unnecessary. Just jack up the jack until the holes align.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.