JKOwners Forum banner

Trek Top

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  spookylynx 
#1 ·
Installed my Trek Top this weekend. Here are some pics.

Sent via Morse Code using my iJeep

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
looks good, I love mine, its so simple. Something to think about, on the back bar over the tail gate, I drilled out the rivits and replaced them with small bolts and wing nuts. That way you can unscrew them and roll the rear window up into the top instead of having to slide it out completely. secure the rolled window to the top cross bar with small cam straps. It works pretty slick.

#7 ·
The bar comes riveted to to the plastic clips that attach to the body channel so it originally was one piece and you had to slide the window out. Thats why I put the quick release in so you dont have to undo the whole window and slide it out, now I just undo the wing nuts and roll the bar up with the window. I'd take a pic but my top is still in storage from the winter.

#8 ·
I love my trektop congrats. Those rivets broke on me the first time I installed it. I drilled them out and just put nut and bolt. The wing nut is a fantastic idea I may be stealing that. Other than that the only gripe I have with mine is that the j channel on the top is two pieces and it makes it difficult to put the back window in. Is everyones like this??? Either way im planning on either gluing it or sewing it to the top and attaching straps to roll it up. Anyone got any pics of how they attached the straps to hold the rolled window?

sent via ur mums fishtank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.