JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trek Armor Seat Covers Review on YouTube

Some of you guys will remember my thread on Pirate where I was flamed for saying these were hardcore.:shitstorm::flame:
------------------------------------------
Over a year ago I installed Trek Armor seat covers in my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. My Jeep is my daily driver and I wheel it monthly. In that year my Jeep was topless for 6 months under the sun, was rained on, frozen, and saw mud.

The seat covers have a tailored fit with slack to ease installation. The fabric is meaty and tough but not abrasive and the stitching is strong and doesn’t stretch. The covers feature a MOLLE storage system with ample mounting options. My covers shipped with three gear bags. These are handy for things like quick access to a winch remote.

The covers have spacious map pockets and smaller pockets on the fronts of the seats. Note that the zippers aren’t watertight. The seat covers are waterproof and easy to clean. Mud rinses away without staining.

I waited a year to review these covers because I wanted to show how they held up to my abuse. I’ve piled on gear, transported my dog, even thrown up on them. I’ve tested them to the extreme and they still look sharp.

After each waterproof test the seat covers were thoroughly soaked, covered with water and filthy. The seats stayed dry. Sliding into the seats every day hasn’t worn the covers. The color is vivid and the fabric hasn’t frayed.

These seat covers have performed exactly as advertised. They protect my seats, really are waterproof, look sharp, and offer storage options. They’ve held up to a year of abuse and neglect and still look new. They’re also made in the USA.

I am not endorsed, sponsored, or affiliated with Trek Armor in any way. These are an expensive item and I wanted to show how they held up after a year of use.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
Well worth the money. Mine have been on for 9 months and have held up to the AZ sun.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks for the review.I recently pulled my seat covers after about 7 years of abuse and threw them away. Now I am looking for a good set. These might be them. The seat covers I used for 7 years were sheepskin. I really liked them and my seats still look brand new. They were bought from Costco for about 50 bucks each. I know they were not Jeep like but, I have had them before and they were great. I actually bought the same exact ones again from Costco but, they were to small and I can't use them. I am bummed about that.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
No doubt the best seat cover I've had.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
running them on my rear bench. I have been highly pleased with them. I wish they made a cover to work with the Mastercraft Baja rs seat though.

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Nice to see these are holding up. I had the Seat Glovers covers on my '08 JKU Rubicon before I sold it in 2012 and was not a fan. Just picked up a new '15 JKU Rubicon a few days ago and have been reading reviews on these Trek Armor covers. They were fairly new to the market in 2012. I'll probably wind up getting a set to keep my seats new.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
The Trek Armor covers don't hold boxer dog hair like the factory fabric. Absolutely brutal trying to remove from the factory seats, no problems with the Trek Armor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts