JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody has had any dealing with TreadWright tires. They make several versions of AT and MT tires that look pretty decent. I know they are retread, but they are also half the price of any of the other major tire brands out there.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Honestly never dealt with retreads, but would be very interested in seeing what your research comes up with....
tuning in..

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on giving them a call tomorrow and picking their brain about their tires, they do have a warranty on them, and Im curious as to what all it covers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had 5 285-65r18 a/t installed on my Sahara. The shop that installed them (they've mounted at least 10 sets of autocross tires for me) said they looked really good and they took a minumum of weight to balance.

I did a lot of research on Treadwright and found no siginificant problems with tread seperation or other problems that have been associated with "old school" recaps.

For the price, I'll give them a try. Worse case senerio, I'll run them for a year and swap them out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats pretty much what I was thinking, for half the price if I get 15,000 miles out of them then Ive still come out ahead.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
If you plan on using your vehicle on a paved road at hwy speeds....do not put retreads on the steering axle/frontend.That is a serious accident waiting to happen,and in some states,it's against the law.....for good reason.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I had 32" retreads on my Grand Cherokee and a BIG section of the retread decided to devulcanize and remove itself from the rest of the tire. I contacted (then) High-Tec Retreading and they sent out a new tire ASAP so... Good customer service but I'll never use retreads again if I dont have to... I drive too fast to risk another issue like that. :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Numerous people in the local offroad club have been using Treadwrights on their daily drivers with no issues at all.
Only reason I haven't is I'm too fond of Cooper tires to use anything else.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
They came on my used Rubicon 4 door. I'm had them for 25,000 miles... drove over from Colorado to Seattle, Now I'm moving back to Colorado...

I love em. No problems here..I've rotated them once..and they are wearing great. Offroaded them a few times, work really well. They are slightly coming apart at the side seam..but nothing major...I'm happy with them..I'm going to be buying a larger tire here soon...but it will be another brand due to ( I want a strictly offroad tire like Pitbull tires or something).

·
Registered
494 Posts
Although I have no experience running retreads because I always buy new tires, the idea of running retreads on a vehicle designed to test tire endurance confuses me. Airing tires down then driving over pointy objects seems to make me want the best tires I can get, not the cheapest that may not even be legal in some states.

Personally, my family's safety is too important for me to risk on saving a few bucks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the 285 MTR look alikes from Treadwright on my wrangler. I have wheeled them in the snow, went on a 1200 mile road trip and pulled a 3500 pound trailer for 600 miles with these tires. I have 5k miles on them now and they have minimal wear and perform very well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts