JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I volunteered w/ Tread Lightly to do some trail building/sign posting in the Ocala National Forest this summer. They are in the process of developing a 70+ mile Jeep trail system there. Here's a copy of a post I put on floridajeepers.net:

Did the tread lightly sign posting volunteer gig today in Ocala.

We all gathered at a central location and were assigned chunks of trail to mark. Some of us had WIDE OPEN easy trails. Some of us have new pinstripes lol. Our group wound up being myself, 2 other members of that other horrible JK forum, and one of the FJ guys. We had to post half of a loop trail while another team worked towards us on the other half of the trail.

It felt really good to give something back to the offroading community and help develop something that I hope my son and future generations will be able to enjoy some day. Below are some pics:

The meeting place:

Everyone getting their assignments:

Heading down the "pipeline" towards our trail. some of them got to mark this road...what an easy gig:

Working for the county (one man works, 2 watch):

Oh ****. The supervisor showed up. Dig faster!:

Yeah that's an FJ. He hung w/ us and was a nice guy:

Trail was relatively wide open here. We were making fun of them for saying "Do any of you have a problem w/ tight trails" at this point:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then it got tight enough that GatorGreen got out to use his machete:

Meanwhile, it started raining. This is the native species Americanus Wussipussus in it's native environment eating a subway sammich (he's my brother):

Yeah it kept raining. The thunder and lightning was nice too:

But we perservered:

I mean, you can only get SO wet:

Bikini top + water bottle + rain = Redneck Water Tap:

Nice example of a trail there:

Finally we met up w/ the guys coming at us the other way:

And proceeded to admire a badass YJ:

This is where most of us parted ways:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Just like the county workers you see around here-

The largest one supervises...:shaking:
The strongest and youngest try to look busy doing nothing...:shaking:
The oldest just keeps workin his a$$ off, waitin for that pension...:smokin:

sad but true...

Looks like a fun and rewarding time...Nice YJ as well

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Cool pictures...doing a little work and some trail riding at the same time. Nice.

The county "workers" out my way are the one's carrying the shotguns. The guys doing the actual work wear a vest with "Inmate" written across the back. Gives me a warm fuzzy. :D

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anyone is in the florida area and wants to volunteer: They are hanging signs etc. on the other half of the trail soon. I will post up details when I get them.

I highly recommend getting involved in stuff like this. It's better to be on the inside of the future track of our hobby than on the outside wondering 'why didnt they do it this way?'

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Wow weird, posted a reply in a different thread and it ended up here........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts