JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to install a transmission oil cooler. I used the original Mopar (82212486AB) since I did not want to cut lines. The installation was tedious and frustrating at times, but doable. However, while checking for leaks after the install, I noticed that the crimp on the lines coming/going to the transmission are hanging low. This causes them to rub against the steering pitman arm. I seem to be getting pretty close to actually blowing a hole in the crimp. My JK is a 2009 with only 40k miles on it, though mostly hard working in the Mojave and lower Sierras. Did anyone else notice it? Any suggestions on how to raise the lines a bit to prevent the contact?

·
Super Moderator
6,271 Posts
McMaster Carr or ,even Herbor Frayte , have hydraulic hose protective wrap. Myself & thousands of assisted/full hydro steering rigs have protective wrap around the pump lines to prevent kink/pinch tears.

here's a cheap equivalent; buy a 1000 + gross of big , UV safe , nylon cable ties. You can zip the entire bag ( or as many as you require) around the hose in order for it's length, putting the zip bump behind & not visible but trimming the excess length off each concentric ziptie.Essentially , armoring by "wrapping" the entire length of line. It is cheap & fwiw, it prevents my hydraulic send hose from getting sheared off by a Synergy Mfg upper track bar brace & a HD pitman arm area which is tight when driver side is flexed fully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts