JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched here and elsewhere but cannot find anyone that makes a trans cooler package utilizing AN fittings. Does anyone know of anyone that my offer this, the perferable option would be one of the dual coolers that I can do the transmission and the power steering all in the same cooler with AN fittings, hoses and brackets needed for a somewhat quick easy install. I don't want to have to worry one day in the distant future of a hose seeping or a hose slipping off, I'm all about the install it and get to forget it theory.

Thanks for any help.

I did find some post of guys that pieced it together themselves but obviously they know way more than me on this stuff and I don't want to be all torn down in the driveway either missing parts or the wrong ones. Thanks again!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have searched here and elsewhere but cannot find anyone that makes a trans cooler package utilizing AN fittings. Does anyone know of anyone that my offer this, the perferable option would be one of the dual coolers that I can do the transmission and the power steering all in the same cooler with AN fittings, hoses and brackets needed for a somewhat quick easy install. I don't want to have to worry one day in the distant future of a hose seeping or a hose slipping off, I'm all about the install it and get to forget it theory.

Thanks for any help.

I did find some post of guys that pieced it together themselves but obviously they know way more than me on this stuff and I don't want to be all torn down in the driveway either missing parts or the wrong ones. Thanks again!
Tribe4X4 can customize a dual setup for you. http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53384

Post #13

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I saw that one but thought the size for the power steering seemed over kill along with the hose clamps. I will pm or call them on Monday to see what they offer. Before I posted this they seemed to be the only ones doing anything like this but I figured I would ask of knowledge of other companies and options. Thanks.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Rob, I thought about this myself but I can't help but wonder if it would be better to run separate coolers. The way I look at it is if you have two fluids running in separate passes in a cooler one of the fluids is going to heat the other up. Sure, they will be cooled off some in the cooler but thinking as a typical exchanger works heat exchange will take place between the two fluids. So, yes they will both be cooled but I can't help but think that separate coolers would be more efficient as you won't have the latent heat between the fluids.

I'm thinking I'm going to run a plate fin cooler for the power steering and a typical fin adn tube for the trans.

Either way, let me know what you find out. I'll come give you a hand as I need to rig up both on mine anyway (esp with my hydro assist in the making) and could use a littel "practice".

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I've had good luck w/ Earl's coolers in the past. AN is all they make. While they don't offer a kit like you mentioned, they have many sizes with similar form factors & you can get a small one & a larger one, all with the same mounting dimension.

http://www.holley.com/types/Temp-A-Cure Oil Coolers.asp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts