JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted about the trany before, always seemed notchy, hard to get into gear, lately it's been popping out, usually in first and second, scares the shit outta ya when it does it. Well the other day it did it again, and now it's making a noise like the shifter is rattling, if you grab the shifter it stops, what F'd up? and what's the warrantee on driveline?

Thx

· Registered
1,279 Posts
As stupid as this sounds, check your shift knob for the rattle...the factory ones are a POS... they're like two pieces of plastic and i know mine rattles...drove me nuts for about 2 months until i figured out what it was. I know it doesnt help your shifting issue, but might solve your rattle problem.

EDIT: plus you get the excuse to buy something cool like this: http://sickspeed.com/pages/universaljeep.html

A bit pricy but they look bad ass!

· Registered
46 Posts
If it is 2007, chances are the waranty is out. Even if you had the "Lifetime" waranty, it would only be valid if you brought the Jeep in for inspections on time, every time.

That, and they would probably try to give you shit about how the oversize tires put excess strain on it, and the 5.13's caused it to rotate at a faster RPM than normal. I know that sounds retarded, but hey, thats how dealers are.

Shop around for a rebuild. The ma and pop shops are where I always look for tranny work.

· Registered
80 Posts
There is actually a TSB for the transmission popping out of gear/jog. Mines still under warranty and they replaced 1st, 2nd, and the syncros under the TSB. They may do the same for you outside of warranty considering its a TSB.

· Registered
1,254 Posts
My transmission on my 2012 also rattles. It has shot out of gear a couple of times. The dealer replaced both the transmission and transfer case shifter towers under warranty. The transmission is even noisier now. Mine definitely feels like it comes from the shifter assembly because it drives smooth and there is no grinding. I'll probably check it under warranty again soon.

· Registered
863 Posts
Jeep Rebuilt mine at 90K+ miles for this issue. There is a TSB that says change the Synchro's if it's not the boot interfering.

here it is:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.