JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched. Anyway I'm debating which tire carrier delete to get and I have issues/concerns of nothing being there to keep the moisture out, some have "mesh" but that's the only description. I've looked into gore-tex but it would seem that this would greatly reduce the flow of air causing the Ac obviously to blow at a lower cfm and in south Texas that is not an option, specially with the wife pregnant again. So I thought that I would make a post and see what you guys have come up with if anything or just letting rain water flood into the tailgate is ok which I would doubt with our lacking paint jobs.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Made my own solid plate spaced off the gate just enough.

I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Autoguide, Seriously!
I did the same thing. Put the tire carrier on a piece of aluminum and marked the edges. Cut it out of the sheet, drilled the holes and cleaned up. Threw on some textured paint and sealed the top/sides. I used some foam sealing material from Lowes. Started at the edge by the bottom bolt and followed the edge up the side around the top and back down the other side to the other bottom bolt. The lower edge is not sealed so the air flows freely. Picked up some screws while at Lowes and popped it on. I believe the screw size was a metric M8x1"

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah as soon as y'all stated that it was like duhh, just seal the top and the sides, figured that I would space it off a bit for good measure. Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The new version Poison Syder plate mount allows you to keep the rear tailgate vent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts