JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to pull the trigger on my purchase from TWF but i cannot decide on one thing and need some clarification on a couple other things.

1. Powdercoat or Rattle Can?
2.bolt pattern: 5on5?
3. Backspacing: 4.5?

Thanks for any input. I dont want to run spacers so if 3.5 isnt enough backspacing then i'll gladly runflat centers.

Joe

·
Registered
440 Posts
I am ready to pull the trigger on my purchase from TWF but i cannot decide on one thing and need some clarification on a couple other things.

1. Powdercoat or Rattle Can?
2.bolt pattern: 5on5?
3. Backspacing: 4.5?

Thanks for any input. I dont want to run spacers so if 3.5 isnt enough backspacing then i'll gladly runflat centers.

Joe
What size tires an what size wheels,,,?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Rattle can if you wheel and don't mind rubbing rocks. 10 cans of paint will cost you alot less then powdercoating. If you do it right, it can last longer because you will prep the materials better then any powder coat place. Most will spray right over rust, and a few years later your dealing with pealing powdercoat.

Paint/powdercoating is only a corrosion preventitive, it all comes off in the rocks.

5 on 5

Tire diameter is the concern with backspacing. The larger the diameter the lower the backspacing number you will need. I run 3.5 with 37's and don't rub with straight arms.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@radrubi: 37x12.50 on a 16.5" rim

@broncojohn: no rubbing with 37s on 3.5" backspacing on how much lift?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
4.5"

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
3.5" pressed centers and rattle can on mine

rustoleum hammerite finish is suprisingly durable!
did the front half of mine with hammerite, back half with duplicolor bedliner

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Made the order yesterday. SO DAMN EXCITED!!!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Nice! Are you in DFW? I'd like to check 'em out when they arrive.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm right down the road from you Cuda, in Flower Mound. I'll give you a shout when they get here.

·
Registered
836 Posts
what's the max backspacing you can run with these wheels and 37's? -4.0"?

basically do you have to run less than 4?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm right down the road from you Cuda, in Flower Mound. I'll give you a shout when they get here.
Bring them to the next meetup at Love and War in Texas. I'd like to see them myself. I have 5 in my "wish list" at TWF and after the lift and gearing, they will be the next add on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When is this meetup you speak of? I'm not sure they will be in by then but I will check.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Every first Wednesday of the month for TexasJK

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you order them *not* pre-powdercoated form TW how exactly do they arrive? I have the ability to get them powder coated at work, do the wheels need to be taken apart before powder coating? I've seen video of changing the tire and theres a rubber gasket in there I don't know if that should go in the oven...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If you order them *not* pre-powdercoated form TW how exactly do they arrive? I have the ability to get them powder coated at work, do the wheels need to be taken apart before powder coating? I've seen video of changing the tire and theres a rubber gasket in there I don't know if that should go in the oven...
You will get them in bare steel. They will need to be cleaned up for powder. You are correct. You do need to disassemble them so you don't toast the O-Ring. When you take the two wheel halves apart it makes it pretty easy to do two different colors. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
You will get them in bare steel. They will need to be cleaned up for powder. You are correct. You do need to disassemble them so you don't toast the O-Ring. When you take the two wheel halves apart it makes it pretty easy to do two different colors. :)
Thanks for the fast info Andy. I also PM'd you asking about lead-time sorry about the duplicate questions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts