JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good trails in central /north AZ?
And also here is another question that will get some laughs. What clearance is considered “high ground clearance”?

·
Registered
749 Posts
And also here is another question that will get some laughs. What clearance is considered “high ground clearance”?
This should do it,...then maybe not, you'll find Bigger Rocks to climb:grinpimp:

·
Registered
52 Posts
There are a bunch but if you're getting into it seriously - AZCA turned us on to the Funtreks books. You can get them spiral bound (really much easier to use) and they have 5 of them for the south/west.

www.funtreks.com

We haven't hit any of the AZ trails to speak of yet as we keep heading to Colorado and Mexico! We bought all 5 but just haven't had the time...

Good luck

·
Registered
587 Posts
Wow, there are so many trails in AZ it would be hard to suggest just a few. There are several books out there that list a lot of them. They kinda break the trails down so that there are different sections for Phx, Tucson, Sedona-Flagstaff, etc.. I haven't hit any of the ones right around Phx, but Sedona was a good time. And most of the trails in that area can be travelled by a stock JK.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Some of the best trails in the country are in AZ....maybe you can go wheeling with Tracy Jordan and try to hang :grinpimp: he's a local...your JK may not look the same though :D

Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also would like to know of trails around NW Oklahoma. I'm new to these parts as I'm originally from Georgia. It's pretty flat so I know I will have to drive a little ways.:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like to use www.4x4trails.net. You can search according to state and some will have reports of those that have run the trails along with some pictures too.
Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts