JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've decided it's time to squirt the TJ. I'm going to do it because it's a trail rig and why pay someone to do so. I'm kicking around what i want to do. I could go crazy and paint it some outlandish sparkley color, or i could just shoot it a flat...

so i contemplated taking it a darker shade of this color but adding some flake:

like the RROR guys did. I am a little concerned though since we've done one other car this way and it looked like hell a year later. It's a PPG paint according to RROR so i can call my rep and find out what it is if i really want to go that way. This is the ONLY paint that would cost me $.

other than that i have a few specialized steel coatings here at the shop. they're in the neighborhood of 400-450 dollars a gallon.

I have silver (which i didn't take a picture of)

I have copper which looks kinda housepaint glossy but i added bronze powder to it and came up with this:

i also have a full on GOLD color that's a tough enamel

i could also just paint it silver with that steel coating (which is SUPER tough) and then add bronze powder to the clear to give it a flake look...

the beauty of this is if i hate it. I just shoot it again. i don't pay for the paint and we have all the guns in the shop to shoot it. and it's a trail rig so it doesn't have to be perfect..

any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Dr. Evil, can I paint his yoo-hoo gold? It's kind of my thing, you know.
How 'bout no, you crazy Dutch bastard?

If you do I will call you dr evil from now on

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Do you have a picture of the rig? It might help out to picture it with the color on it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Bed liner................ Everywhere!

That's right, I said paint it with bed liner.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I was going to say silver blah blah blah, but fuck that lots of silver rigs out there...now gold?! Do it and don't look back, there sure as hell would be no mistaking it lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.