JKOwners Forum banner

181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Wait, what? Are they moving the foundry?

That was the one thing that differentiated them - that the wheel blank was also cast here. Not just that the wheel was machined here.

Their foundry went out of business.

Nobody knows (except for only management) or can confirm where the new casts for TR will be originating from...

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,241 Posts
Wait, what? Are they moving the foundry?

That was the one thing that differentiated them - that the wheel blank was also cast here. Not just that the wheel was machined here.
Foundry sells the billet to TR, I believe TR machines it. They have not had the foundry for close to a year.

Also, I do not understand why people waste their time with "B.A.D" beadlocks. They answer a question nobody asked. Watch a video on how you have to mount a tire without a tire shop mounter and tell me you would want to wrestle with that train wreck out in BFE. If KOWBOY doesn't like Hutchinson's nonsense, B.A.D. is the fatter, uglier, older sister.

EDIT: wait... fatter and older. He might like that. :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Foundry sells the billet to TR, I believe TR machines it. They have not had the foundry for close to a year.

Also, I do not understand why people waste their time with "B.A.D" beadlocks. They answer a question nobody asked. Watch a video on how you have to mount a tire without a tire shop mounter and tell me you would want to wrestle with that train wreck out in BFE. If KOWBOY doesn't like Huthinson's nonsense, B.A.D. is the fatter, uglier, older sister.

Funny you brought that up because I was just thinking what a pain it would be to pop the inner bead again to seat the bracket thig-a-majig LOL

Problem with Hutchinson is that I don't think they are US made anymore even though they also look like a pain in the ass to setup...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I spoke to Larry last week. He returned my call. The foundry is just going through an ownership change. Same foundry.

I'm getting mine through Fusion4x4 and they have some open orders with TR as well.

Still, I am not super confident that I'll be getting new wheels before February.

·
Vendor
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Are you looking for some wheels for that rig you're bulding?
What about that bouncer?
Check us out for great deals on Trail Ready Beadlocks!!
Don't forget to ask about FREE shipping on any set of 4 or more!!
PM, post or give us a shout...
706-559-9609

181 - 200 of 202 Posts