JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Damn looks like my jeep. People tell me I'm stupid everyday for scratching a brand new car but I just tell them thats what a jeep is for. At least you didn't bash in both rockerpanels like I did.

Hey man spend the couple of hours and cut those mounts off and grind them down. Less to hang up on.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn looks like my jeep. People tell me I'm stupid everyday for scratching a brand new car but I just tell them thats what a jeep is for. At least you didn't bash in both rockerpanels like I did.

Hey man spend the couple of hours and cut those mounts off and grind them down. Less to hang up on.
People say the same thing to me. I tell them that it's not a driveway queen like so many others. I bought it for it's intended use. No regrets. As far as the mounts go, looks like their grinding down pretty good on their own.:D

·
Registered
314 Posts
People say the same thing to me. I tell them that it's not a driveway queen like so many others. I bought it for it's intended use. No regrets. As far as the mounts go, looks like their grinding down pretty good on their own.:D
:D Just a question but did you install the lift or did you have someone do it. If I put a longarm on a JK I would cut the old mounts off for sure. We will have to get together and do some good wheeling. You ever heard of Carnage Offroad Club. I think you would fit in very well. I know I do :smokin:

·
Registered
314 Posts
BTW what is hitting your front trackbar. That shouldn't happen :shaking:

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:D Just a question but did you install the lift or did you have someone do it. If I put a longarm on a JK I would cut the old mounts off for sure. We will have to get together and do some good wheeling. You ever heard of Carnage Offroad Club. I think you would fit in very well. I know I do :smokin:
I had the lift installed at a shop. I've taken it back a number of times for adjustments related to various clearance issues. They've taken care of everything but they seem to be digging in their heels when it comes to cutting those mounts off. I've mentioned it to them a couple of times. I'll just cut them off myself.

Never heard of the Carnage Offroad Club. Sounds like blindfolded wheelin at night. ie: Pirates of the Rubicon. I've got Johnson Valley on my list. It would be awesome to wheel with you guys down south.:beer::beer::beer::beer:and:beer:

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW what is hitting your front trackbar. That shouldn't happen :shaking:
You'll see in a couple of pics where the shaft end of the steering stabilizer worked its way off the bushing and came free. It must have bounced around and scratched the track bar. An oversized washer solved the problem. Still trying to figure out why it came off that way.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
...looks like the RE stabilizer/ (tierod mount bracket) is the offending contact point...Concerns me since that mod is on my "list"...

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...looks like the RE stabilizer/ (tierod mount bracket) is the offending contact point...Concerns me since that mod is on my "list"...
Yea, I emailed the pics to them. Hopefully I'll hear back from them tomorrow.
I just got it and this happened my first time out. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts