JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've been a reader on these forms for a while now and now I am need of some assistance.

I have found several post on this topic but not my exact issue. I am looking for a trail/cab cover for my 13' JKU. I want to keep it in the Jeep and use it to keep from having to put doors on every day. I really like the trail covers but I have a light bar across the top and from what I found they don't work with them. The full cover option looked ok but the ones I saw and from a few things I have read on here it looks like I would have remove the antenna.

Just looking for opinions on what everyone thinks. Its a pain to pull doors in the morning only to put back on in the evening.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I use the Bestop Trail cover with a light bar, it doesn't fit exactly but it kept out rain and sand while at the beach!

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
if the lightbar won't allow the cab cover then I've had success just keeping sporadic downpours out of my 4door by carrying a HD , UV proof , 19x12 ( iirc) tarp from HF rolled up in the back and a dozen strong, rubber ( not metal coated in plastic ) hooked /ended bungee cords . It's a pita to run out and cover but it works and you get use to it. lash it to four side points, two rear and two front and it ain't goin anywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use the Bestop Trail cover with a light bar, it doesn't fit exactly but it kept out rain and sand while at the beach!
I like the bestop trail cover a lot and that was the one I almost ordered but wasn't sure about using it with the light bar since it covered part of the windshield.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if the lightbar won't allow the cab cover then I've had success just keeping sporadic downpours out of my 4door by carrying a HD , UV proof , 19x12 ( iirc) tarp from HF rolled up in the back and a dozen strong, rubber ( not metal coated in plastic ) hooked /ended bungee cords . It's a pita to run out and cover but it works and you get use to it. lash it to four side points, two rear and two front and it ain't goin anywhere.
I have a big tarp in the Jeep now and it has worked the few times I've used it while out and about. I park on the street at my house and was looking for something to throw on everyday when I get home so I can just leave my doors off. Do you think the tarp is decent to use everyday?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts