JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will miss my '07. I had it for 9 yrs and it had 247k miles on it, which I was very proud of. Starter, alternator, everything was OEM! I traded it for a '12 JK Sport. Anything I really need to be aware of with the '12?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Impressive miles on the 07!

'12 runs a little hotter than the more current models of the 3.6 so don't be too alarmed. It is a good practice to run a trans cooler as well as some form of venting for the engine compartment i.e. vented hood and or vented inner fenders. unfortunately Jeep trapped a lot of heat in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Impressive miles on the 07!

'12 runs a little hotter than the more current models of the 3.6 so don't be too alarmed. It is a good practice to run a trans cooler as well as some form of venting for the engine compartment i.e. vented hood and or vented inner fenders. unfortunately Jeep trapped a lot of heat in the engine compartment.
I bet my 2015 JKUR could give you a run for your money lol

The heat unfortunately is PCM/Emissions managed. Good luck! Lol

Vented hood and mat delete help at lower speeds but that's it

Gotta love VVT,Emissions, and "maximum fuel mileage"

Big fan of trans coolers though

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
@notherone
That is really impressive and reassuring for many of us 3.8l '07-'11 owners. 247,000 is nothing to scoff at at all! What was your oilchange interval if you don't mind my asking ? You ran 5w-20 the whole time?
Good luck with your new 3.6l ; you'll have comparably more giddyup & go, that's for sure :jeep2:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I changed it myself, 5w-20 the whole time, and was sure to add some between changes as soon as I heard the valves get even the slightest bit chatty. Changes were about every 3-5k. Always make sure there's 6 quarts in there, not 5! And change that oil filter every time. I used Fram every single time, and will do it with the '12 too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts