JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get my oil changed the other day and on a whim started looking at prices for the 2010 JK. A couple of guys came out to try to sell me new jeeps and I told them I was all set. One guy came out and just started shooting the sh** with me and asked if I wanted a test drive. He asked how much it would take to get me in a new jeep. I old him that either way I was driving home in a jeep tonight, either mine or a new one, so I would need to offered a lot of money. I told him $25K. After less then 3 minutes of bartering the manager ok's the deal. 2007 JK, 32K miles, 1 minor accident for a 2010 JK with 19 miles. They also said the acessories on my jeep were worth more to me than them, so I could take them off before I returned the jeep, a few thousand dollars worth of aftermarket parts.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Also, since Mopar is covering the 2 inch lift under warranty think its worth going through them instead of a jeep guy that actually knows what he is doing and has been doing it for years?

Can't wait for summer...:smokin:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
So they gave you $25k for yours and you paid what for the new one? Sticker?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
must be missing something, sounds like a great deal....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I was missing something too!
I owed 11K on my old jeep, they offered me 25K for a trade-in and the new ones cost was 34k.
So, when its all said and done, I paid 23k (taxes etc aincluded) for a new one...and my monthly payments went down by $200. Sure, it is for another 6 years instead of paying off the old one thru the remaining 3 years. But, now I have a 2010 that doesn't have the headaches I had with the 07 (in theory).

My 07 was in the shop 18-20 times in the first year and a half :shaking: ...so all and all, I'm psyched to get rid of it, let alone get a brand new one that is still capatable with my aftermarket parts.

We will see what happens! :beer:

Now, what to do about the 2 inch lift?!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to the Auto Show this weekend and the 2" lift that was on the Unlimited was priced at $1510. I would go through the Jeep guy, or throw a Boston area lift party and buy people pizza and beer to help you out.

I know its a bit much, but I like the idea of having the warranty coverage for that. We all hear the horror stories of how people are treated at a dealership/certified jeep mechanic that are not off-road jeeper friendly.

But, on the other hand, I really do like pizza and beer :beer:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I thought I was missing something too!
I owed 11K on my old jeep, they offered me 25K for a trade-in and the new ones cost was 34k.
So, when its all said and done, I paid 23k (taxes etc aincluded) for a new one...and my monthly payments went down by $200. Sure, it is for another 6 years instead of paying off the old one thru the remaining 3 years. But, now I have a 2010 that doesn't have the headaches I had with the 07 (in theory).

My 07 was in the shop 18-20 times in the first year and a half :shaking: ...so all and all, I'm psyched to get rid of it, let alone get a brand new one that is still capatable with my aftermarket parts.

We will see what happens! :beer:

Now, what to do about the 2 inch lift?!
Congrats on the new ride. Is it a Sahara?

If you pay $1500 for a 2" lift you are DOUBLE retarded. Buy a 2.5" Rough Country lift for $300 and throw it on in 3 hours with the help of some fellow Jeepers. The dealer won't even know its lifted most likely and a lift like that isn't going to void anything.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I think I would have held out for a 2011 with the new engine.....just a thought.:smokin:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy life while young at heart and while you can afford it.:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey.. if your happy with the deal,,, then it's a good deal. Congrats.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If he waited for the 2011, his 07 would have been one more year older and worth less. Plus the sticker price on the 2011 will be higher because of the engine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the feedback!

So far I love the new Jeep. Now I just have to decide what size tires and a lift. :bounce:

The 07' had its problems so I think I got out at the right time and I just couldn't say no to that price!

I think my first move is selling my softtop and getting the "offroadheros/California top" fastback. Hopefully it doesn't take months like everyone elses horror story.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback!

So far I love the new Jeep. Now I just have to decide what size tires and a lift. :bounce:

The 07' had its problems so I think I got out at the right time and I just couldn't say no to that price!

I think my first move is selling my softtop and getting the "offroadheros/California top" fastback. Hopefully it doesn't take months like everyone elses horror story.
Well since you are in Boston, I say order it in Late Sept or early October, then if it takes 6 months it will have arrived just in time to use it...:smokin:

·
Registered
138 Posts
So, when its all said and done, I paid 23k (taxes etc aincluded) for a new one...
Congrats on the new Jeep....but you paid alot more than $23k I think.

You owed 11k and got 25k....so a net of 14k in your pocket.

The new one was stickered at 34k....so unless they knocked more than 14k off that price, they applied your 14k to the deal. Did you walk out with 14k in your pocket?

So, that makes the new one around 37k or so, full sticker + TTL.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
This reminds me of a recent trip to the dealer. I was walking though the car lot while my jeep was getting an oil change.

This sales guy comes out and said "See anything you like?"

I was like...here we go....:shaking:

I told him i was just killing time while my jeep is getting an oil change

He asked what type of a jeep i have and then said "You know we are hurting on sales. What if i told you, you can upgrade to a new 2010 and keep the same monthly car payments"

I said "Really? go on...":smokin:

He then said "What do you pay a month now on your jeep"

I said not that much.;)

He then said... Lets go for a test drive...I'm telling ya we can beat your monthly payments.

I then said "So, let me get this right before we go for a test drive. You will beat the price i am paying now on my car payments and i can take this rubicon home?"

He said "Yes, lets go do the test drive and then we can sign the paperwork"

I replied with "Hot Damn...Who will send me a check every month since my jeep is paid off?" (it's not paid off by the way, but he didn't know that!)

He looked like a deer gazing into headlights. It was priceless

Then the sales guy started back tracking his words and started changing his words. :thefinger: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Nice, I hope you enjoy your '10,

I heard they changed the sun visors in the '10 models and made them better? True? If so, can you snap a pic of them and post it up. I am curious, i may go in and buy a set, I hate the visors on mine,,,i know its just a visor, but I always seem to be driving into the sun or having it coming through the drivers window and it bugs the beejeezus outta me. thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Congrats on the new Jeep....but you paid alot more than $23k I think.

You owed 11k and got 25k....so a net of 14k in your pocket.

The new one was stickered at 34k....so unless they knocked more than 14k off that price, they applied your 14k to the deal. Did you walk out with 14k in your pocket?

So, that makes the new one around 37k or so, full sticker + TTL.
That just made my head spin...
They took the 14k off the $34K sticker price. then after taxes and warranty upgrade I paid $23K.

KErryP I also will try toget a picture of the visor. They are a bit different, my girlfriend loves the new ones because they actually have a mirror on the underside. I'll take a pic in a few days. Camer is MIA right now.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
This reminds me of a recent trip to the dealer. I was walking though the car lot while my jeep was getting an oil change.

This sales guy comes out and said "See anything you like?"

I was like...here we go....:shaking:

I told him i was just killing time while my jeep is getting an oil change

He asked what type of a jeep i have and then said "You know we are hurting on sales. What if i told you, you can upgrade to a new 2010 and keep the same monthly car payments"

I said "Really? go on...":smokin:

He then said "What do you pay a month now on your jeep"

I said not that much.;)

He then said... Lets go for a test drive...I'm telling ya we can beat your monthly payments.

I then said "So, let me get this right before we go for a test drive. You will beat the price i am paying now on my car payments and i can take this rubicon home?"

He said "Yes, lets go do the test drive and then we can sign the paperwork"

I replied with "Hot Damn...Who will send me a check every month since my jeep is paid off?" (it's not paid off by the way, but he didn't know that!)

He looked like a deer gazing into headlights. It was priceless

Then the sales guy started back tracking his words and started changing his words. :thefinger: :laughing:

Hahaaa that is great, I did the same exact thing to a salesman at my dealership, mine is not paid off but I put a bunch down to get the payments below $200. I told him that I was waiting for the 2011s... yadda yadda and he was pushing hard and said the matching payments thing. I let him go with it for a while and dropped it on him, he backpedaled and laughed because he knew that I played him. He said he could match the payments but we might have to stretch out the loan for a few more years...

By the time I was done the oil was changed.:laughing:

·
Registered
138 Posts
That just made my head spin...
They took the 14k off the $34K sticker price. then after taxes and warranty upgrade I paid $23K.
Then you paid $37k. That $14k you got in trade was cash in your pocket you put down.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts