JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know it seems crazy to get rid of a rubi for a Arctic but ever since I got the Rubicon all my plans for upgrades would have eliminated the electro lockers and sway bar so buying another one didnt seems smart. Plus getting better gas mileage will help me save up for D60's and 40" tires! Plus the big lift Im gonna need. Also the whole year I had it, then only time i used the lockers and sway disco i got stuck anyway. So does anyone know of performance parts for this new motor? I had a CAI and the Viper TB mod which i liked alot. I think Im going to get the Afe intake. Do they make a bigger TB for this motor?

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
Now I know it seems crazy to get rid of a rubi for a Arctic but ever since I got the Rubicon all my plans for upgrades would have eliminated the electro lockers and sway bar so buying another one didnt seems smart. Plus getting better gas mileage will help me save up for D60's and 40" tires! Plus the big lift Im gonna need. Also the whole year I had it, then only time i used the lockers and sway disco i got stuck anyway. So does anyone know of performance parts for this new motor? I had a CAI and the Viper TB mod which i liked alot. I think Im going to get the Afe intake. Do they make a bigger TB for this motor?
There was a ported tb in the fs section for the new motor.

Is this thing on?.....

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
These '11 trades are so depressing to me. :gluging:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you like the 2012? :D
I like it alot. I test drove the 2012 JKUR which and I could tell the difference in the new motor. My wife really liked the Arctic and we share the Jeep so I went ahead and got the one she liked. Plus with our newborn I won't be doing any serious wheeling with him in the car so I saw no need for a Rubicon. There is deffinatly a different between the Rubicon 4.10 gears and this Arctic's 3.21's but there is still more power with 3.21 and the new motor than my old JKUR. Glad I made the trade plus now I have a new warrenty. My last one was almost up with a little over a year on the jeep and 26k.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2012 Rubicon

Trading in my 08 Rubicon tomorrow on a 2012 Rubicon I special order on Dec. 1. I loved my 08 and I'm sure this relationship will be special too...:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the Arctic club

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like it alot. I test drove the 2012 JKUR which and I could tell the difference in the new motor. My wife really liked the Arctic and we share the Jeep so I went ahead and got the one she liked. Plus with our newborn I won't be doing any serious wheeling with him in the car so I saw no need for a Rubicon. There is deffinatly a different between the Rubicon 4.10 gears and this Arctic's 3.21's but there is still more power with 3.21 and the new motor than my old JKUR. Glad I made the trade plus now I have a new warrenty. My last one was almost up with a little over a year on the jeep and 26k.
its not a car its a jeep

1 - 16 of 16 Posts