JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some issues with my traction control light coming on when I make almost any right curve turn. Not normally on a turn from a stop say at a stop sign or a light. Just when it is a flowing curve to the right. The light comes on and blinks. The abs system kicks in and you can feel the front get sluggish during the turn. I am hoping some one can help me with this. I have checked the front end alignment, I have taken it to the dealer and they updated some code. With no success. I am new to this sight but i am not new to the jeep world. I just am not vehicle computer literate. Thank you for any help you may give me.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
There was a on ramp that I used to get on a hwy... turning right... a dip on the drivers side made all the lights on the dash go crazy... the city has now fixed it... so no prob now....

hope this helps... Welcome to JKO!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Tire Size ? Lift ?

I am having some issues with my traction control light coming on when I make almost any right curve turn. Not normally on a turn from a stop say at a stop sign or a light. Just when it is a flowing curve to the right. The light comes on and blinks. The abs system kicks in and you can feel the front get sluggish during the turn. I am hoping some one can help me with this. I have checked the front end alignment, I have taken it to the dealer and they updated some code. With no success. I am new to this sight but i am not new to the jeep world. I just am not vehicle computer literate. Thank you for any help you may give me.

More Info would be helpful.............

My JK has done this...... Not Often...... Not every time ...... Dealers Usually Know less than you do !!!

It's a Jeep..... Gremlins are all welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is hard to explain.....The traction control light starts blinking, normally during the middle part of a off ramp type curve. And sometimes on just a normal type right turn. After it starts blinking the ABS system kicks in and you can feel the front brakes start to pulsate. There is no response from the accelerator pedal. As the Jeep starts to slow it is harder to keep the wheel turned in the turn. I think because to ABS is activated. I wish I could show it to some one it is starting to drive me crazy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I get the exact same thing. However, I think mine is the result of deer qualifying my JKU this past winter and Ive been replacing front end parts almost every week since. Slowly getting all the front end gremlins out. I never had the issue prior to the deer incident so thats why I say this.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
is your steering wheel centered?
checked your front wheel hub/unit bearings lately?

if yes to both, then pull your front wheel speed sensors and give them a look.
if they're covered in nastiness or looking kinda melty, I see unit bearings in your future.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mine did that exact thing right after I put my lift on, had BigO do an allignment, and it ifxed it when the adjusted the toe angle back to normal. the codes then cleared themselves out after a few key cycles.

dont know if that helps at all

·
Registered
583 Posts
mine does the same thing but once in awile it acts up on a straight road i figure it has to be the abs sensor in the hub bearing i took it apart and one of the sensors that connect to the wire is broken clean off solution i pulled fuse j6 now i got no esp, abs, or traction control what so ever and im happy with that but now i got lights on in the dash oh well take what i can get

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
It is hard to explain.....The traction control light starts blinking, normally during the middle part of a off ramp type curve. And sometimes on just a normal type right turn. After it starts blinking the ABS system kicks in and you can feel the front brakes start to pulsate. There is no response from the accelerator pedal. As the Jeep starts to slow it is harder to keep the wheel turned in the turn. I think because to ABS is activated. I wish I could show it to some one it is starting to drive me crazy.
That sounds crazy. Sorry, can't help you with the diagnosis, as I have never had this happen.
But, here is a BTT for you, in hopes that somebody can lead you in the right direction. :beer:

AMP

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Are you lifted? If so who's lift some companies lift are prone to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem right now. Have u had any luck? When turning to the right on the HWY or turn and giving it gas the traction control flashes and I have no power. I need this fixed asap as it's annoying as fk.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,273 Posts
Bdogg's post was from 2011. Pull fuse J6 for a temporary fix. Have your wheel speed sensors checked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts