JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Jku Sahara. My son drives the Jeep most of the time and thought it would be a good idea to install a Vitesse throttle pedal controller. After he installed it and drove about 10 miles the traction control light came on and the engine light. The engine went into reduced power and would not go over 2500 RPM. Using a code reader it gave codes for the passenger side rear wheel speed sensor and the crankshaft positioning sensor. We cleared the codes and it done fine for about 1/4 mile and the lights came back on and back to reduced power. I took the throttle pedal control off thinking that is the cause of the problems. I've reset the computer twice by disconnecting the positive battery terminal and grounding it for about a minute before connecting it back and then turning the ignition to aux and turning the headlights on and then off. Then turning the ignition switch off. This cleared the codes and the jeep ran fine for about 2 miles. Then it through the sane codes and right back to 2500 RPM max. I have no problems replacing the sensors it's just that I believe the problems have been caused by the throttle pedal control. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts