JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed 1.75" spacer lift and the axle bumped to the drivers side just enough to be noticeable. To correct it (as well as continue maximizing my death wobble prevention) I'm going to put in an adjustable trackbar.

I see several of them say 2-5" or 0-6".

Is one that's rated 2" or greater with my 1.75" really not going to work? will it be just a hair too long even at its most condensed?

Any tips on reliable trackbars that will last the life of my JK and keep my axle centered?

Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think the poly performance or the rock krawler track bars would work perfect for what you need plus they can both be used when or if you upgrade to a bigger lift ...I installed my rock krawler track bars front and rear yesterday and they work perfect ...good luck :gluging:

·
Registered
871 Posts
If your not getting DW now there should be no reason to get the track bar if you want to save the money. I ran a 2" spacer with the stock tack bar and my axle was slightly shifted but it caused no issues. But for a reference I now have a 2.5" coil kit and a full traction track bar and it only has about 2 threads showing on the end so it would be close but might be just a little too long for your application.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
The stock track bar does not cause DW. It is usually the frame side mounting on the stock set up. That is where you need to focus. Make sure you keep it torqued properly at all times. Before you even get DW I would order the hardware kit from Poly and replace all the stock hardware with their kit. Here is the link to it below:

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Synergy-Suspension-Jeep-JK-F911-Hardware-Kit-p-28601.html
Or take that parts list down to tractor supply and save yourself 40 bucks lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, excellent advice. I am getting longer shocks (not sure which yet but leaning toward OME) and brake line extension brackets so I figured the track bar would be a natural upgrade.

Along with the extra fender clearance I am looking a bit later at 33's and newer wheels so would the added weight accelerate the possibilty of DW? I hate to bring up the cursed wobble but I've had it in the past and will do anything to keep it at bay..

Again, thanks for all your advice especially HelloJeff who ran a similar set up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.