JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when going off road the past few times and also now going over speed bumps and regular bumps i heard a clunking noise coming from the front.... i found out that it is the front track bar and the upper mount to it..... i need help.... this is the track bar that came with my Rubicon Express 3.5" Standard Lift..... should i just be going and buying my Teraflex one now? or what do i need to do?

this is where the noise is coming from!

·
Registered
270 Posts
No, and im willing to bet its not the heim making the noise.... The clunk is the threads getting ruined
Oh yeah that would be my might bet too, without that jam nut being tight those threads are taking a pounding and the end is shot wether or not it could be rebuilt. I just thought they had rebuildable ones, I wasn't implying that's where the noise was coming from. :beer:

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had a shop install it.... so what do i need to do/look for.... i want the noise to stop...

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
i had a shop install it.... so what do i need to do/look for.... i want the noise to stop...
Thats only part of owning a lifted Jeep. Maintaining joints, jam nuts and zerks are required.

You can try tightening the jam nut, but I'd pull the bolt out and feel the threads of the end first. If they feel like crap, tighten the jamb nut and get a new tb coming

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's what I am going to haw to do! Thanks for the help... Just really hit me that I've been driving like that since march, that's when the lift was installed, and I just came back from a 550 mile round trip to Naples and back this weekend towing a 6x12 box trailer on the interstate....

Sent via horse and buggy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.