JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has had broken trac bar mounts? I have heard of it happening.
Is it front or rear, upper or lower mounts? If you have a brace what is it.
Pictures?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Broke my front track bar bracket metal tore near a weld and broke along a weld. Pretty thin shitty metal needs better welds on both sides. I now have the poly bracket
I am assuming this was the lower mount? Any pictures of it broken and the new bracket?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think a question that needs to be asked is what size lift, tire, & power made by engine.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
My factory one broke from death wobble. Got a poly and never looked back!!!!!!
I notice poly has one that mounts to the D44 and another that mounts for people running drag link flip and more than 3 inches of lift. Do you have a D30? I am curious as to whether there D44 one would work considering the tubes are the same for both

·
Registered
820 Posts
I notice poly has one that mounts to the D44 and another that mounts for people running drag link flip and more than 3 inches of lift. Do you have a D30? I am curious as to whether there D44 one would work considering the tubes are the same for both
I have a Rubicon (D44) and purchased the poly bracket which bolts on and if you wish welded on for extra security. I also have the flip kit. It did straighten out the steering. Email PIG he'll get you straight as to what you need to know. All I know is that Poly is great stuff. You can't go wrong. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can weld them on. Just curious if I need to do all four mounts or if it is overkill. The other thing I though about was making my own braces which was why I was curious to see some broken ones.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I can weld them on. Just curious if I need to do all four mounts or if it is overkill. The other thing I though about was making my own braces which was why I was curious to see some broken ones.
Just weld them and you will not have anymore problems. If I were to change out axles I would have to start over completely cuz the bracket would be ruined its welded on so tight.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just weld them and you will not have anymore problems. If I were to change out axles I would have to start over completely cuz the bracket would be ruined its welded on so tight.
Are you saying to just reweld the stock brackets?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.