JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, does the tpms system look at the tire pressures all the time? I put new wheels and tires on my jeep about a month ago, and just put regular valve stems on them, thinking I could turn the tpms off with my superchips programmer. well, turns out I can lower the pressure, but not turn it off with that. anyways, I drove around for a couple days with my old wheels and tires in the back till I had time to unload them and ofcourse my tpms light stayed out. I unloaded them and figured the light would come on right away, but I drove it for 3 days before my fiance called me and said the light came on while she was driving it. I thought that was rather odd that it took so long. Now every time I drive it it flashes that theres a fault since I don't have any sensors on it anymore.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't know about how often it reads the sensors, but I do know you can disable TPMS with the super chips flashpaq. There is a free option you can enable when connecting your flashpaq to the computer and doing an update via their software.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just set the alarm to 0 PSI - that's what is done on the AEV ProCal (or set it to some crazy low value - say 3 PSI)...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
^^^^^^ SC will not go that low; you have to download the function like the MoridinTX said.

I have never heard of three days, usually 10 or 15 miles. Other guys park by the factory tires and reported the light would come on about that time everyday. I did the download thing this past christmas when I was home....it worked.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Just set the alarm to 0 PSI - that's what is done on the AEV ProCal (or set it to some crazy low value - say 3 PSI)...
I did what W did. The AEV procal let me set it to 0. The procal is only about 150 so its a pretty good deal imo. I also set my tire size and gearing info with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's just to keep the programmer legal. Downloading the offroad option and retuning the TPMS to zero just takes a few minutes of your time. Once in place and properly tuned you are good to go when upgrading to aftermarket wheels.

Scott

^^^^^^ SC will not go that low; you have to download the function like the MoridinTX said.

I have never heard of three days, usually 10 or 15 miles. Other guys park by the factory tires and reported the light would come on about that time everyday. I did the download thing this past christmas when I was home....it worked.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I had the transponders moved to my new wheels. I'll reset the alarm pressure to 10PSI when wheeling and 25 pounds for the road. Takes seconds to change it with the AEV ProCal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts