JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking this morning, every year when I was active duty, we used to have a huge gathering for Toys For Tots. I know there are off-roaders around the US that do this annually, but nothing in Northern California.

So I am thinking that we need a Northern California Chapter to show our support for the little tikes?

Maybe even start an annual run for it?

If anyone wants to donate this year, let me know. I will Take donations on our Dec 3 Meet and Greet

Thoughts?

· Registered
659 Posts
TFT

Use to do the TFT Harley rallies every year in New Mexico ... Haven't done any in CA ... don't like wearing a helmet when on rallies ... Wouldn't mind doing an Jeep TFT at all though ... Great idea!

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
100 reads, and 6 replies... .really. Bummer

Anyone who is with us for the dec 3 meet and greet I will be accepting donations there.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
Attn: NorCal JKO Phonebooth!!!

100 reads, and 6 replies... .really. Bummer

Anyone who is with us for the dec 3 meet and greet I will be accepting donations there.
I agree... C'mon NorCal JKO Phone Booth, let's do this! Buy one inexpensive toy, wrap it, or don't wrap it, and bring it to the damn Meet & Greet.

If you haven't watched the movie "Pay It Forward", do it. It will change your life. Then, after watching the movie, go buy an effing toy, and bring it to the Meet & Greet!!!

Think of it this way... Paul is cooking the meat, and you don't have to buy that. Two different people are bringing Apple Pie, and that is enough to intoxicate a small town. And Marcy and probably a plethora of other people will be providing the entertainment! So, it will be a low budget event, that is fun, delicious, where we'll all get to relax and have a good time with friends and family..., and because of James' TFT initiative, now it will also be charitable, which is precisely what the holidays are for.

So, commit to the event, go watch "Pay It Forward", buy an inexpensive toy, wrap it or don't wrap it, drag your ass to the Meet & Greet, have a good time, and feel better after making a difference for a child.

I'm not asking, I'm telling. If you don't, I'll shine up your tires when you aren't looking (and that shit doesn't come off easily). :D :D :D

RC

· Research, bro!
2,220 Posts
I guess I should read these things more closely - just though I was gonna show up at m&g w/ some stuff. Didn't know I had to reply. So... I'm in for the tots!

I"m thinking should receive a sticker to put on the jeeps upon toy dropoff so RC doesn't mistakely shine the wrong tires!

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ha, will put on a smiley face sticker so you don't get shined :)

No so much reply on if you are bringing anything to the m&G, more the process of what would you think of doing an annual run/ get together local Nor Cal for Toys for Tots :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.