JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

Was wondering if anyone has been wheeling the Toyo Open Country AT II's and how they are performing for you. I know that they can handle the on road part easily.

I'm in the North East so that means Rocks, Trails and the inevitable mud. Most of my wheeling will be at Rausch or similar conditions.

I'm in the process of planning out my stepping up from the stock GY SRA's to a 35" tire with better off road characteristics.

I'm probably a once a month wheeler and the jeep is my DD. I was wondering if these might be the right fit..it's either these or the Open Country MT's or Cooper Discoverer STT's.

So let's hear it, who's got em and who's wheeling em?

Cheers

· Registered
534 Posts
I actually ordered the Open Country ATII recently, received them today in fact. I haven't got them on the jeep yet, going in the show tomorrow for mount/balance. I got the 285/75R17 size.

Everything I've read about them, and the people I have spoke with liked the tire and said they were a great tire all around, although they can be a bit much on a light jeep because they're load range E. The tread seems great and the sidewall very capable, tire is heavy as hell though, about 63lbs. Not sure if it matters to you but I know some people care and on the side of mine you can clearly see "Made in the U.S.A". I live in MA so the terrain is very similar to yours, a little bit of everything.

I'm happy with my purchase just already and can't wait to get them on. Unfortunately I don't have any first hand experience yet because they're sitting in the back of the jeep waiting to get put on, but I will check back in shortly to give you an update.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually ordered the Open Country ATII recently, received them today in fact. I haven't got them on the jeep yet, going in the show tomorrow for mount/balance. I got the 285/75R17 size.

Everything I've read about them, and the people I have spoke with liked the tire and said they were a great tire all around, although they can be a bit much on a light jeep because they're load range E. The tread seems great and the sidewall very capable, tire is heavy as hell though, about 63lbs. Not sure if it matters to you but I know some people care and on the side of mine you can clearly see "Made in the U.S.A". I live in MA so the terrain is very similar to yours, a little bit of everything.

I'm happy with my purchase just already and can't wait to get them on. Unfortunately I don't have any first hand experience yet because they're sitting in the back of the jeep waiting to get put on, but I will check back in shortly to give you an update.

Thumbs Up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.