JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tired to change the recovery hooks every time they fail under pressure? Monster Hooks solved this problem for you! They've created the strongest, the safest and the simplest recovery hooks for your Jeep.

Monster Hooks are machined out of solid-piece high-grade forged chromoly steel for sheer strength and equipped with a 3” latch for extra safety, so that the strap wouldn’t slip off. The metal surface is polished to a smooth finish before final powder coat and/or chrome process to meet or exceed MHI standards. The Monster Hook allows you to utilize the biggest tow straps for severe recovery operations. Find all Monster Hooks at CARiD: Monster Hooks | Recovery Hooks & Accessories at CARiD.com

Once you get a Monster hook, you’ll be “Hooked for Life!”

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
"the world's only solid forged titanium alloy recovery hook"

So is it steel or titanium?

And you offer a raw aluminum tow hook, which looks exactly like the rest of your "monster hooks" except they look anodized?

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Did someone say a bag of dicks?....What is the SWL of the weakest part?

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts
My ride really needs some bling out back, but I don't want to spend over 400 bucks combined on a tow hook and exhaust tip.

Is there some kind of package deal available?

For instance, if I pay the $258 for the
Monster Hooks® MH-SW1R - Red Swiwel Tow Hook,

can I get a discount on the $175
Monster Hooks® MH-45BALBP - Exhaust Tail Pipe Tip with Laser Cut Two Tone Badge Plate?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
They come shipped with a courtesy fanny pack full of dicks.

Depending on how many dicks come in the fanny pack that could be a great deal

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
Has anyone ever had a shackle fail?

other than the above image manner of failing,which INVOLVES a shackle bolt ( the shackle did not fail, the driver or recevering party that setup the strap ,did) , I have never seen a shackle bolt fail nor a knuckle C bend ( except from of an impact with another vehicle at high speed in a traffic accident ) in over 25 years. So, to answer your question, no. Never seen a shackle fail . Seen an improper replacement bolt put in the shackle bend , but never even a cheap shackle break.

re: the OPs product, this is what popped into my mind as far as hooks and these costly things.....
[/COLOR]

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Uncle Sams Misguided Child, these hooks are made of 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum.

ExWrench, we definitely would be able to work on a discount for you. You can contact me directly for more details.
Ex.... they just done get it man !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts